CHAPTER XXIX: Kiss me like there's no tomorrow

"Grab my waist. Pull me closer. Kiss me." Unknown

"Are you okay, Chaeng?" Yoongi asks the girl sitting on the passenger seat while his focus is on the road.

"How do you feel?" She answers with another question, completely worn out with expressionless face.

"I'm fine," he lies simply, just like he's been lying to everyone whoever has asked this question in these three weeks.

"Same, I'm fine too. No reason to be sad." The sarcasm is obvious in her voice.

They arrive at the mall. Chaeyoung's parents have been forcing them to go on shopping for their wedding, and at this point, after all the pains and sufferings, they've said yes to give a chance to this wedding and future together.

Climbing out of the car, Chaeyoung wraps her hands around Yoongi's arm as they enter the mall. They walk in sync, gazing all the people that are happy, making them feel jealous.

They goes inside a Louis Vuitton shop. Chaeyoung checks some bags with no great interest. All the time, she can only think about her Alpha.

"Don't you like shopping here?"

Yoongi's deep voice brings her out from her thoughts. She looks at him with painful gaze.

"Oppa, I just... I just don't feel like buying anything," she mumbles as she places the bag in her hand on its place.

"What happened? You love to shop," Yoongi asks, concerned.

"All my love is gone." She wraps her arms around herself as she thinks about love.

"Chaeng," Yoongi calls her softly. "Do you really want this marriage to happen? We can stop it right now, and don't worry, I'll handle the situation." His voice is low and gentle.

Chaeyoung's eyes tear up looking at him: after everything he's been through, he still has the gentleness in his heart. All her life, she has never met someone that care for her that much — not even her parents. Seeing Yoongi's care, she questions how can Jimin do something so cruel.

"No, don't cry," Yoongi wipes her tears. "Crying doesn't suit you."

"Thank you"— she embraces him —"for everything you've done for me. Thank you."

Yoongi caresses her soft blond hair, "don't mention it. I love you... a lot."

Her smile fades slowly as a strong scent kiss her nostril. She breaks the embrace and looks at the exit. She widens her eyes when she sees a glimpse of her mate who has entered the opposite shop.

"What happened?" Yoongi asks, confused.

"Oppa, I think I saw Lisa here." She looks at him, "I go and check that shop."

"Chaeyoung, wait-"

"Oppa, I really saw her."

She walks away as fast as she can to the shop Lisa is in. Lisa hasn't smelled Chaeyoung's scent because the Omega is on her suppressant since her heat is near.

Chaeyoung is bewildered as why Lisa is shopping from this store: it's a maternity and nursery store.

She watches Lisa discreetly as the Alpha watches various clothes of various colors. Then, Lisa chooses two big t-shirt of blue and yellow colors. Even if it's very early to buy these clothes, considering Jimin hasn't started to show his bump yet, she wants to be prepared early to become a responsible aunt.

"Chae," Yoongi whispers from behind Chaeyoung, startling her. She scowls at him before going to watch Lisa again.

"Stop stalking her like a creep and get your chance," Yoongi suggets.