Post war: Year two

Year two
___________

Time passed and wounds began to heal. Every day that Amara managed to stand up and smile was a win for her. Her brother on the other hand had more trouble making it through the days and nights since the battle.

He found comfort in fire whiskey lately, saying it's the only thing that helps him fall asleep and not have nightmares.

Nightmares. Nightmares were the thing everybody went through. They started in the first week after the battle ended and didn't stop since then.

Amara dreamt of Daphne's fall over and over again while her brother never talked about it. She only heard him scream at night.

Pansy seemed fine at first but after Astoria left for good, only leaving Pansy a note saying she couldn't deal with it anymore, she moved into the guest room of Nott residence. They all needed each other these days.

Draco would never admit he had nightmares but Amara knew. She felt it when his body trembled at night when he began tossing and turning. Most nights he just couldn't sleep at all. Too much horror came into his life. He had to kill and torture his former classmates and even if he said he hated every single one of them, Amara knew it damaged his soul.

Spring turned into summer and for Amara's birthday, Draco surprised her with a trip to Paris.

"We should have brought Theo," Amara said, walking into the flat and through the short entrance hall, "it's his birthday too."

"He gave me his blessing... don't worry I asked," Draco said, following her.

"I suppose that's a good thing..." Amara walked into the living room with a white open kitchen attached, "maybe it's good that he can be without me again."

In the living room, three pairs of sofas — all light blue with a matching carpet were at the centre of the room. Every floor-to-ceiling window had curtains just as long. A square glass table in the middle of the sofas. On top is a glass vase filled with peonies. Amara's favourite flower.

"You've been there... every minute of every day- you needed some time away," Draco said, caressing her cheek.

"Maybe you're right," Amara sighed, leaning into his hand.

"I'm always right," he smirked.

"You wish," she rolled her eyes and turned away, pulling open the curtains. One huge glass door was leading to a balcony stretching along the whole living room and the bedroom attached to it.

"Parkinson will keep him company," Draco said, walking into the bedroom, "Now stop worrying so much or that crease between your brows will be permanent."

______

It was the perfect day. After breakfast with all her favourite things to eat, they had a long walk through the city, some more coffee and Draco insisted on buying her something nice for her birthday.

For the evening he arranged a private dinner on the balcony of his flat with a perfect view of the Eiffel Tower. It was probably the most romantic thing he had ever done.

A weird feeling grew inside Amara. Her boyfriend was not the romantic type and seeing him acting nervous and suspicious all day made her worry.

What if something happened at home and he wanted to distract her? But Amara didn't dare to ask. She didn't want to ruin the perfect day he created for her.

Late at night, Amara stood on the balcony looking over the city with a glass of wine in her hand.

Draco wrapped his arms around her from behind, placing kisses on her shoulder and neck

"It's so beautiful," she whispered, sipping her wine and admiring the view of the sparkling Eiffel Tower.

"Did you have a good day?" he asked.

"It was perfect," Amara hummed, stretching her neck to give him more access.

"Good," he whispered, trailing kisses along her neck.

"Thank you."

"I have one more thing for you."

"I don't need more- the day was already perfect," she leaned her head back against him.

"You'll want that, trust me," he smiled into her skin, "Close your eyes."

Draco carefully turned her around and placed a kiss on her wrist as he took the wine glass out of her hand. Amara giggled quietly.

"Open your eyes," he said and Amara did but she didn't see him right away until she looked down and saw him on one knee with a small box and a sparkling diamond inside.

"Marry me," he said. He didn't even phrase it as a question and he didn't have to. Tears began to stream down Amara's face, happy tears and she nodded, having the delicate ring slid onto her finger.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and their mouths melted together, tongues mixing in pure passion.

He lifted her up and carried her to bed, zipping her dress open on the way. He carefully put her down, pressing himself against her. Amara hummed, her hands roaming up his back, into his neat hair. Her legs wrapped around his waist, pulling him down more. She wanted to feel every last inch of him.

Draco left a trail of kisses over her barely clothed body, slowly pulling down her underwear. As he licked over her clit she moaned, thinking about the first time he ever did that. All those years ago when one night changed their whole lives forever. It still caused fluttering in her stomach and made her back arch.

His tongue drew circles, eating up everything she had to offer. A groan left his lips, causing her body to shake. He added one finger then two, hitting all the right spots – increasing pleasure with every thrust and every flick of his tongue.

Her hand dug into the mattress. The knot inside her grew and he picked up the pace. He always seemed to have the best timing, he knew her inside out. Knew where to kiss her to hear that sweet sound of hers.

Amara's legs began to tremble and the knot inside her exploded with a loud moan. His name leaving her lips repeatedly.

Pure and genuine happiness came back into Amara's life. For the first time, she was excited about the future.

She was looking forward to better days.

Next year in October she will be married.

__________