Chapter 39

Thirty-nine
__________________

The next morning when Amara opened her eyes she found the bed empty, disappointment washed over her.

He left.

There was still an imprint of his body and the spot was still warm.

Amara pressed her face into the pillow inhaling the scent of mint and pine wood. She smiled into the soft pillow, feeling the comfort that she received from his smell alone even without him being there.

Amara rolled over and looked out of the window, the landscape was covered in white powder. Winter came and that meant Christmas was approaching.

Amara slowly sat up on the edge of her bed, her feet touching the ground carefully, stretching her tired muscles. The bathroom door swung open and the blonde girl stopped in her tracks,

"Before you yell at me-" she started.

"Thank you," Amara quickly interrupted her.

Daphne smiled, "Get dressed- I'm hungry,"

"Surprise," Amara laughed.

When the two girls arrived at breakfast, the boys were already there.

Amara's eyes stayed on Draco, who was laughing about something with her brother. He looked better, more relaxed and almost happy —a difference from the past couple of days.

"Can I-" Amara started and Draco's and Theo's heads snapped to her, "Can I sit?" Amara pointed at the empty spot next to the blonde Slytherin.

"Of course," he said, trying to hide the smile that was forming on his lips. Daphne sat down opposite, next to Theo —both having a smile on their faces.

"She is staring at us again," Daphne mumbled and Theo rolled his eyes while Malfoy didn't acknowledge Parkinson's existence.

Amara's head turned to the right and saw Pansy carefully examining her former best friend.

Blaise stunned her and her head snapped back to him. They fell into a conversation and everyone continued their breakfast.

Amara was just pouring syrup over her pancakes when the chocolate brown owl of her mother —covered in white dots, dropped a letter and a package in her lap.

Draco as well received a letter from his mother with the usual box of sweets —delivered by the shiny dark feathered owl.

He quickly ripped it open,

Draco,

your father met Gregory Nott the other day and invited him and his family over for dinner, the day before Christmas.

Of course, you can invite Pansy, if you like. We sent you some galleons, enough for a new suit and some nice Christmas presents for Theodore and Amara.

They are our guests and since it's Christmas it's just appropriate to get them something as well, you know them best, so please pick out something nice.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon.

love,

Mother

Draco frowned. Why should he invite Parkinson?

He needed a moment but then his mind clicked, his parents still think he is with Pansy, he never told them that he broke up with her.

"Everything all right?" Amara asked, who noticed Malfoy's confused expression.

"Did you read your letter yet?"