Chapter 5

Five
_____________

It was the last Quidditch game of the year, the game that decided if Gryffindor wins the cup or not. No one in Slytherin could bear the thought of their rivals beating them again.

But they did. Harry Potter caught the snitch and Gryffindor won, pulling everyone's mood down until Draco heard the amazing news that Buckbeak was sentenced to death.

He got back to his old swag and hoped to take some of Potter's and Weasley's gloat away.

Draco was about to walk out of the castle with Crabbe and Goyle when he heard the familiar voices of his least favourite trio, talking to Hagrid who cried.

"Have you ever seen anything, quite as pathetic?" Draco snickered and before he could continue a fist connected with his nose causing a cracking noise. Hermione Granger punched him in the face with all her strength. 

Draco's hand went up to his nose, feeling the blood run down his skin.

"You fool, you evil -" Granger yelled, her wand pointed at the blonde but Weasley pulled her back and Malfoy quickly ran back to the Slytherin common room.

Pansy cried in horror when she saw him walk in with a hand covered in blood. "Bloody hell- what happened?" she shrieked.

"That filthy mudblood hit me" Draco spat, his voice nasally.

Draco saw Theo sitting on the sofa next to Blaise, "Where is your sister?"

"Her dorm" he frowned, wondering what Draco was up to and why he wanted to speak to Amara now.

Only that Draco didn't know either. Maybe because she was the most talented of them all but maybe it was because he was hurt and desired comfort.

Whatever it was he stormed out of the common room, leaving Pansy with tears in her eyes. He was hurt and the first person he runs to is her best friend, not her.

"I can fix it too, Draco" Pansy complained but Draco didn't care. Again Pansy tried to convince herself that it was nothing, she knew Amara was the better witch and she only wanted the best for him.

There it was again, the things hope can do to your mind.

Draco yanked the door to Amara's dorm open, causing her to scream.

"What happened?" she exclaimed, still sitting on her bed. She saw the blood that covered his hand and jumped off the bed with concern flooding her veins. 

"Granger punched me," Draco said. Amara gently took the crimson-coloured hand to be able to let her finger brush over the bridge of his nose carefully.

Goosebumps spread all over Draco's neck and down his spine, she hasn't been this close since their train ride a year ago.

He could inhale her scent just like he could back then. The smell of summer rain. It took all his self-control to hold back the urge to touch her.

He forgot all the pain and only on the emerald green that was focused on his nose.

Emerald green — his favourite colour.

"I think it's broken," Amara whispered, "Sit" she pointed at her bed and disappeared into her bathroom. A few seconds later she came out with a wet washcloth and sat down next to the blonde.

"Look at me," she said, her voice now soft and caring. She was worried about him, she cared deeply  maybe too deeply.

Her eyes carefully scanned every inch of Draco's face, in case her actions caused pain. No matter how much pain Draco felt, he would make sure not to show any sign of weakness.