Chapter 54

Fifty-four
______________

Slowly the snow melted and the days became warmer. However with the beauty of spring, the stress because of the O.W.L's increased and with every day they came closer, the library became more crowded.

Amara was one of the many students that spent her time in the library —every minute possible. She spent all her time studying —everywhere she could get the chance while Draco and her brother spent all their time following Potter and their friends.

Amara studied until deep into the night, giving her mind no time to rest and her body to receive proper sleep. She was wearing herself out more and more.

She always tried to stay up until Draco came back from his daily search with her brother but most of the time when Draco came to bed it was already way past midnight and Amara asleep.

Sometimes Amara woke up when the mattress next to her gave in under his weight, always draining him of the comfort she was missing before.

Sometimes when Draco came back, Amara fell asleep while still studying. He chuckled every time he came into the room and saw the small lamp on the nightstand still turned and Amara, laying diagonal in his bed with a book or two around her.

However, tonight Amara couldn't sleep, no matter how exhausted she was. She couldn't concentrate and no matter what she did she couldn't relax either.

It was late, past midnight again. She had been tossing and turning around in the sheets for hours until she huffed frustrated and decided to make use of her restlessness.

She was only wearing Draco's t-shirt and a pair of dark blue knickers when she hopped out of the warm and comfortable sheets. She loved sleeping in his clothes — his smell always calmed her down and made her feel safe even when he wasn't there.

She only threw her bathrobe over, not bothering to put on trousers. No one should be up anyway. She tied the black robe in front of her body and started walking down the long, dark corridor.

"You're awake," Amara mumbled in a sleepy voice when she saw Daphne sitting on the sofa next to the fireplace in the common room.

"Couldn't sleep," she shrugged, closing the book she was reading.

Amara nodded and let herself fall into the sofa next to her blonde friend, resting her head on Daphne's shoulder.

"You wanna go look for them?" Daphne asked, closing the book in her hands.

"I can't sleep anyway," Amara shrugged. Both girls hooked their arms together and made their way out of the common room.

"Look out for Filch," Amara whispered, turning around every few meters to make sure no one sees them out after curfew

"Don't forget Peeves," Daphne whispered and chuckled quietly, dragging her dark-haired friend along.

"How do you know where they are?" Amara whispered, scared to get caught.

"I went with Theo a lot of times before... but we got—distracted most of the times,"

"Oh no, I don't want that in my mind, Daphne" Amara whined and frowned in disgust.

Daphne started laughing loudly and Amara slept her hand over Daphne's mouth, muffling her laughter.

"Shut up, we have to be quiet," Amara whispered and looked around hectically, making sure no one was coming.

"Relax... we are almost there anyway," Daphne said and pulled Amara's hand off her.

"I don't want to get detention again,"