Chapter 74

Seventy-four
_______________

The twins arrived in front of the dark majestic gates between the high hedges left and right, leading the way to the Manor.

It was a warm summer day and still early in the afternoon but the sun didn't reach them between the green, neatly cut hedges.

The large shadows shielded them from the warm light making the day seem cold and dark.

Theo held his sister's hand all the way, stroking her thumb with his to steady her trembling breath. His fist connected with the door, and the knock echoed through the empty house.

"Miss Nott and Mister Nott," the small elf said, dipping his head once, "So good to see you again,"

"Where is Draco?" Amara asked. Her heart drummed heavily against her rib cage.

"Young Master Malfoy is in his room, Miss- shall Meldy get him for you?"

"No-no I'll go myself, Thank you"

"I'll wait in the family room for you," Theo called after his sister who made quick and eager steps up the grand staircase.

The walk seemed endless. With every step, the heels of her flats echoed down the long and dark corridor.

His room was the last on the left side. A huge room hidden behind a black door.

The anger and betrayal she felt inside her didn't falter. It only increased with every step she came closer to his door.

Amara didn't bother knocking. She burst in, yanking the door open and slamming it shut behind her again, "I deserve an explanation,"

Draco sat on his bed, his legs crossed and a book in his hands. He wore a loose black T-shirt and black jogging trousers.

"What do you want me to say? That I am sorry?" he closed the book and looked at the girl standing next to the door with her arms folded in front of her chest, "Well I'm not," his voice sounded calm and firm — almost emotionless.

"I haven't heard a word from you," she shouted. Amara couldn't keep it in her any longer. His reaction only made it worse, only made her angrier, "Nothing! Not one word even though you lied and used me! Why didn't you just tell me?"

"I couldn't," he sighed.

"Why?" her voice wavered, losing her temper only for a second until he spoke again.

"Amara- not now... please, just leave," he said, sitting up on the edge of his bed, his back facing her.

"Leave? You seriously want me to leave?" the anger faded into the ache she felt inside her now.

"I can't have this conversation right now," he said, leaning his elbows on his knees and rubbing his face with his hands.

"Oh I'm sorry-" her mind stopped processing any rational thought. She only felt the pain, the betrayal and the anger, "too bad you can't have this conversation right now! A conversation I deserved that day you showed up at my house 11 months ago!" she yelled again. Amara felt the tears press in the corner of her eyes from all the fuming rage inside her.

"Amara," he sighed.

"Don't Amara me!" her voice didn't waver. He couldn't even look at her. His back still faced her. It only hurt him to look at her.

"I forgave you everything you did, no matter how much you hurt me- I forgave you," she took a deep breath to calm herself down again. She didn't have the energy to fight anymore, "The only thing I wanted was honesty. I only asked for no more secrets and no more lies and even that you weren't capable of doing-"