Chapter 21

Twenty-one
________________

The school year was over and everyone went back home. Everyone but Cedric.

It was quiet on the train, no one talked, except the Slytherins. Their lives went on like nothing happened. It was horrifying to everyone what had happened, even if they would never admit it. It was just a way of coping with death, pretending like they don't care.

Most of their families have been involved with darkness, they were raised with these views, raised to hate everything that is not pure magic. Yet it terrifies them even if they would never admit it because everyone on the train knew —darkness lies ahead.

Arriving at Kings Cross, Blaise and Daphne quickly left with their parents. Amara and Theo were greeted by their mother.

"Are you two okay?" She worried.

"We are fine, Mum." Theo rolled his eyes wrapping his arm around Amara's shoulders. "Yes perfectly fine." Amara added with a forced smile.

However, her mother was unsure about their honesty. When they were younger she always knew when they were lying but since they spent most of the year away she wasn't sure anymore.

"Come on, let's go home," she smiled, guiding her children out of King's Cross. Amara turned around one last time, to wave Adrian goodbye but her eyes landed on someone else, someone that was already staring at her and so she quickly turned around again.

______

The summer has been quite uneventful. Compared to their last school year, Amara was glad about the boredom. She was happy to feel normal just once.

At Malfoy Manor on the other hand things were not boring at all.

"Stop being so annoying, Pansy," Draco said, pushing her off his lap.

"Just tell me if you don't think I'm attractive anymore" the raven-haired witch yelled, standing up.

"Why would you think that?" Draco was still leaning against his headboard, staring at the girl standing in front of him with narrowed eyes.

"Since your birthday, you haven't touched me, since that night nothing happened."

"A lot is going on right now..." He mumbled, looking away from the furious expression of his girlfriend.

"Are you seeing someone else?" she folded her arms in front of her chest, raising a brow.

"Of course not." Malfoy scoffed.

"Fucking tell me what is wrong then."

"You are so annoying." He groaned, rubbing his face aggressively.

"Then I better go." She walked over to the door, her hand on the handle. She was giving him a chance to stop her but nothing.

After Pansy slammed the door shut, Draco pressed a pillow on his face and screamed. It was no surprise she was starting to act like this but what was he supposed to do? She is not the girl he wanted. He tried but nothing. Not even a flinch. Amara's sweet lips have ruined him.

Maybe it's best to just end things.

Amara told him to leave Pansy a long time ago and he tried. He was determined to end it, to show Amara that he cares but every time he started something interrupted them. And so the lie continued and he was still with Pansy.

With the pillow still on his face, he saw her, saw Amara. How she was on her knees for him, how her lips felt on his body but before his mind could go any further and his hands could give himself the pleasure she gave him it knocked on his door.