Chapter 92

Ninety-two
____________

Sometimes a minute felt like one whole day. Sometimes a whole day felt like a blink. These days it was the first. Every day stretched on – felt like eternity. Draco and Theo spend a suspicious amount of time together, whispering and wandering through the house and around it.

Amara watched them carefully from afar while she spend half of her time with Daphne and the other half taking care of their prisoners. A word she despised but Blaise and Luna were exactly that – prisoners.

Draco hexed the door on no one would be able to open it from the inside, trapping his former friend and the young Ravenclaw in the Nott's guest bedroom. A lot of yelling followed when Amara found out he held them captured in their guest bedroom. Every word she threw at him bounced back with ten reasons why this is the best for both of them.

Amara learned to adjust and live with it and she did everything to make life easy and comforting for them.

She rarely saw Draco even though he hasn't left her house since Harry has been at Malfoy Manor. They exchanged a word here and there, slept in one bed but besides that everyone seemed busy with their own mission.

Malfoy's mission to be the one to deliver Potter to the Dark Lord and Amara's mission to take care of Luna and Blaise the best she could.

"It will never be the same no matter how hard you try," Daphne said, taking a sip from her tea and leaning against the kitchen counter, "he will never be our friend again."

"I know," Amara sighed, setting a plate with homemade biscuits and tea onto a tray, "but I can at least try to make their life comfortable."

"You're a good friend you know," Daphne smiled, stepping forward. Her hand reached for Amara's shoulder, "You need to stop doubting everything you know because of things that happened a decade ago."

"I'm not," Amara protested and turned around. Her brows furrowed.

"You are- you changed..." Daphne pressed her lips together, worry spreading on her face, "you're always angry- mad at the world and everyone in it."

"People change- our life changed," Amara turned back around, filling the tea cups with hot water, "I'm not fourteen anymore Daph."

"I know," Daphne sighed, stepping back to reach for her own cup, "It will be better soon- it will all be over soon and we can be happy again...enjoy our life."

"I wish I could have your optimism," Amara smiled. A smile that didn't reach her eyes.

"You know I can see it... our future-" the blonde smirked, "we will be old and grey one day with grandchildren running around...not even remembering the darkness of the past year,"

"I'd love that,"

"Do I smell biscuits?" a head with dark curls peeked through the door.

_______

One week passed and no one came to the rescue. Amara wondered if Potter would ever show up. Maybe he doesn't know Luna is here or maybe he can't risk coming to get her.

Thuds echoed through the house, waking the young witch. In the dusk of a relatively warm spring day, the few lights from outside made it possible to see her entire room. The mattress next to her was still warm but empty. Quickly, she grabbed her wand from her nightstand and tiptoed to the door — warm light shining through the door gap.

Slowly she pressed her door handle down and opened it with a creaking sound. Loud mumbling from downstairs caught her attention and she silently made her way, only to find out that all the waiting ended.