Chapter 14

Fourteen
________________

"Good Morning, idiot" Amara jumped on Theo's bed.

"Amara," he groaned in his pillow, "it's too early"

"C'mon, I brought you hot chocolate, like when we were kids" she smiled, picking up the two cups she placed on his bedside table.

Theo sat up with his back leaning against the headboard, taking the cup out of his sister's hand.

"We haven't done this in years" he mumbled, taking a sip.

"Is there something you want to tell me?"

"No, why?" Amara turned her head to face her brother.

"Because you used to do that when we were kids to put me in a good mood when you did something"

"That is not true" she rolled her eyes.

"It's the Yule ball, isn't it?"

"Wha- No"

"It is," Theo shook his head, he knew. It was his twin sister after all. He would always know.

"What happened between you and Draco?"

"Nothing" the dark-haired witch mumbled while drinking another sip of her hot chocolate.

"Stop being so annoying Amara and just tell me"

"He kissed me" she muttered almost not audible,

Theodore almost choked on his hot drink.

"When was that?"

"After the ball was announced.."

"Did-did you kiss him back?" he frowned.

Amara said nothing, she just took a big sip of her hot chocolate but that was telling him enough.

He sighed, leaning his head back against the headboard.

"How did it feel?"

Amara shrugged, "he wanted to go to the ball with me too"

"And I suppose you said no?"

"Of course, I said no!" she protested, "but I-"

"But you wanted to say yes" It was not what Amara wanted to say but it was what she was thinking.

A part of her wanted to say yes but she couldn't

"It's so confusing, Theo"

"During summer holiday- he kissed me the first time and then when he started dating Pansy, I talked to him and he said it meant nothing to him... so I-I tried to move on and then I started dating Adrian but since then... he is- I don't know... weird"

"He is jealous"

"He is just behaving so irrational and what he does to Pansy... it's just not fair"

"I think, as your brother, you should stay away from him... you both have a relationship and who knows if he is just like that because he can't have you... we always want what we can't have, Amara"

She sighed leaning her head on Theo's shoulder, "But as his friend, I think maybe he really cares for you... He never said anything but you were close before he started dating Pansy... I always thought he liked you... and to be honest I would rather have you date him than Pucey"

"Adrian would never hurt me, Theo..."

Theo rolled his eyes.

"If you're unsure about your feelings, you should break up with Pucey"