Chapter 48

Forty-eight
______________

Amara knocked on the door of Professor Umbridge's office with her pulse racing rapidly. She could feel her heartbeat in every part of her body, from her toes up to her head.

"Come in," a high-pitched voice called from the inside and with a deep breath, Amara pushed the handle down and revealed the pink office of Professor Umbridge. The wall was covered in pictures of little kittens. Amara put on the kind facade she mastered over the years, consisting of doe eyes and an innocent smile.

"You wanted to see me Professor?" she said with her sweetest tone, the door handle still in her hand. Her hand clenched onto it with all the strength she had, giving her the security of an escape and to concentrate the tension she felt inside her body somewhere else.

"Yes, sit down" Umbridge smiled weirdly and pointed at the chair in front of her desk. With a trembling hand, Amara let go of the handle and walked over to the pink chair.

"Some tea, dear?" Umbridge asked when Amara sat down.

Tea always calmed her nerves down so Amara politely accepted and Umbridge pushed a cup over to the dark-haired girl that started shifting uncomfortably in her seat.

It was dead silent, except for the sound of Umbridge twirling her spoon in her cup and some noises of the kittens hanging all over the wall. The silence made the lump in Amara's throat only grow, her heart still beating rapidly in her chest.

Another knock was heard and Amara let out a breath she didn't know she was holding in, thankful for the ending silence.

Her muscles relaxed a bit when she saw the head of her house standing in the door with a man in a grey trench coat behind him.

"Severus," Umbridge said surprised, "What are you doing here?"

"I found Mr. Wilson wandering around in the corridors- apparently looking for you... He told me there is an interrogation of a student," Snape said and looked at Amara.

His face was stern but there was some reassurance in his eyes that calmed her heartbeat down a pace.

"It's not an interrogation, Professor," Wilson said and smiled at the young witch from behind Snape.

He shoved past the Professor and stretched his hand out, "Good evening Miss, I'm Daniel Wilson, Auror at the Ministry of Magic- but I suppose you already knew that," Amara nodded and took his hand.

It was ice-cold, causing a shiver down her spine. She smiled politely and shook his hand even though she didn't want to. She felt uncomfortable in his presence. He looked nice but Amara still found him sketchy.

"I was told you're quite smart," Wilson smiled and let go of Amara's hand. He took the chair next to the dark-haired girl and turned it to face her, Amara did the same.

They were now sitting opposite each other, both examining each other's faces. Wilson was not tall but muscular. Amara could see it even through his trenchcoat. He had light brown hair and blue eyes, a nose that was rather too big for his face and a kind smile on his slim lips.

Not really a handsome man, Amara thought.

"I think we can handle it from here, Severus," Umbridge interrupted the silence and Amara's head snapped to her Professor.

Snape could see the glimpse of panic in her eyes with the thought of being alone with the man in front of her.

"There will not be an interrogation of any of my students without me," he said and closed the door behind him.