Chapter 69

Sixty-nine
_____________

Everything after Blaise found the twins in Hogsmeade had been a blur. Amara couldn't recall how she got back to the castle, her feet developed a life on their own. She didn't feel them anymore. The only thing she felt was her heart beating in her ears and her lunges slowly failing her.

The moment they arrived it was like a cold bucket of ice water was thrown over her. She gasped and covered her mouth with her hands.

Her bottom lip quivered as she stepped closer to the bed. His chest was bare, covered in bandages hiding the scars that covered his skin.

The tears streamed down her face, dropping down to her chin. Her ears were buzzing and a familiar voice was speaking but she didn't hear.

Her trembling hand stroked his damp hair out of his face. She swallowed the lump in her throat hiding the sob that built, "What happened to you?" she whispered.

Someone shook her, grabbed her shoulder and repeated her name until her head snapped away from the blonde and the sounds of the world came back to her ears.

"Did you hear what he said?" Theo asked, rubbing her shoulder. Amara's eyes moved around the room. Blaise was standing on the other side of the bed, next to Snape.

"I-I'm sorry, I-" her voice cracked.

"He will be fine," Snape said lowly, "He just needs to rest and everything will heal properly."

"He was there in time Amara- Draco will be fine," Theo kissed her temple and she nodded. To her, it sounded more like Theo needed to convince himself that everything will be fine.

"What-" she cleared her throat, "What happened?" her eyes stopped on her Professor.

"There was a fight between him and Mister Potter in a bathroom-" Snape snarled, pursing his lips.

"Potter did that?" Amara gasped and her eyebrows immediately furrowed.

"I'm afraid so," Snape said, "It's taken care of."

"Why would he do something like that?" Blaise questioned, having a similar frown on his face to the one Amara held.

"That is unknown at the moment," Snape stated and kept his eyes on the girl with flustered cheeks and puffy eyes who stared down at the blonde boy, holding his hand.

"You should leave-" Madame Pomfrey interrupted them, "He will not wake up anytime soon."

Amara shook her head violently and more tears streamed down her face, "I'm not leaving."

"Amara-" Theo whispered, his hand still on her back.

"Miss Nott, you need to rest as well," Snape said, interrupting the dark-haired boy, "It's no use to him if you're exhausted."

Theo slightly pulled on her arm to get her to leave. She yanked her arm away, bending down, her lips caressing the blonde's forehead, "Please get well soon," she whispered. Her tears dropped down on his pale skin as her wet lips gently placed a kiss on his forehead.

The muscle in her jaw twitched before she turned around. Theo's arm resting hand rested on her lower back, leading her out of the room.

As the two Slytherins round the corner Amara's eyes landed on Potter and rage was the only thing left she felt. She pulled the wand out of the strap on her thighs and quickly strode over to him —too quick for Theo to hold her back.

Amara pushed the Gryffindor against the wall, her wand boring into his chin, "You filthy, disgusting little half-blood," she spat. The numbness faded into a blinding rage, endless fury making her unpredictable — it spread like wildfire through her veins.