Chapter 51

Fifty-one
_____________

Everything was good again —at least everyone pretended it was.

Amara simply accepted the fact that he wouldn't tell her and a part of her was glad he never did because he would be in much more trouble now, because of her.

The Aurors still had nothing and no one was willing to press any charges against a 17-year-old boy with no real evidence and with the things Amara accused Adrian of, it would be the bigger scandal for Pucey's family —something they surely didn't want.

And so the Aurors only focused on finding the boy, dead or alive even though everybody supposed if he was alive they would know.

It was the main topic in school these days — especially in Slytherin.

The room always went quiet when Amara walked in, whispers in the halls or class slowly nagging on her nerves.

But she had Draco and no one dared to say anything directly to her.

However, the constant whispering behind her back was tearing the young girl apart and so Amara was thankful for every moment she was able to be alone.

Amara sat on the sofa in the common room with crossed legs. The fire in the fireplace next to her warming her body. It was always cold in the dungeons, especially during the winter months and even though the dark-haired girl was wearing a warm, dark orange jumper and a pair of black jeans she was freezing.

Her hair was up in a messy bun with a couple of strands falling into her face. She was wearing her hair a lot like this lately. It was easier for her, nothing could fall into her face while reading and reading was the one and only activity she was doing besides classes.

Even if Draco apologised, it wasn't the same between them.

Something changed but she couldn't figure out what it was and so Amara turned to an old piece of herself —reading and staying out of everything as good as she could.

The fire illuminated her face while reading the book in her hands, one of her favourites —pride and prejudice.

A book her father often took away from her, not wanting to read anything those 'those filthy muggles write'.

Amara however managed to get her hands on another copy when they went to London in the summer and made sure it said hidden in school, out of reach from her father. The binding was already looking used from reading it so often but Amara still loved it dearly.

She enjoyed the silence. The only sound she heard was the prickling sound of the fire —
a sound she loved.

It was always her favourite place whether at Hogwarts or at home.

Her perfect way of spending a cold winter day with Draco at Quidditch practice and her brother and Daphne doing who knows what, she was all alone.

Amara was happy —partly.

She liked to read in silence and was happy that her brother finally picked up the courage to sort things out with Daphne but this also meant that Amara was more alone now and that was the part that made her sad.

She already lost a friend, she doesn't want to lose Daphne too, no matter how happy she was for them.

There was a new sound that filled the air now, it was the leather of the sofa because someone was sitting down next to her.

"Hey," a male voice said. Amara turned her head to see if she did recognise the voice correctly.

"Hey," she said back with a small smile when her eyes landed on Miles, who was already looking at her — examining her closely.