Chapter 29

Twenty-nine
__________________

"Potter!" Malfoy shouted seeing Harry and his friends arriving at Transfiguration.

"What now Malfoy?" Harry rolled his eyes.

"You had a pretty big mouth lately, going around tel-" Malfoy was quickly interrupted by the Gryffindor,

"I just shared what I saw, not my problem if you can't be loyal"

Draco chuckled and grabbed Harry by his robes, pushing him against the wall.

"You should keep your mouth shut," Draco growled in Harry's ear with a clenched jaw. The contempt he felt towards him was only increased by his constant interference.

"Shouldn't you thank me? You got rid of her now"

"I would watch my back if I were you, Potter -you chose the wrong side in all of this," Draco whispered and Harry frowned, not quite sure if he was still talking about Amara and Pansy.

"Let him go, Malfoy" Weasley tried to pull him away.

"Keep your filthy hands off me, Weaselbee," Draco spat, pushing him away.

"I would be careful if I were you," Granger said, folding her arms in front of her chest.

"or what? Are you going to give me detention? You can't remember?" Draco mused.

"But I can," someone behind him called. Draco spun around,

"Professor, I-I," he stuttered.

"Detention Mister Malfoy, you said it yourself" she smiled.

"This is not over," Malfoy muttered, pointing at the Gryffindor.

"Sit down," Theo grabbed the blonde and pulled him to their usual seats.

______

Daphne and Amara were on the way to lunch —alone, their arms hooked together.

"You're avoiding him," Daphne said after a couple of minutes of silence.

"I- I'm not," Amara rolled her eyes.

"Yes, you are!" Daphne slapped her arm, "You weren't at breakfast and you came to every class last"

"I don't know what to say," she sighed.

"Mayb-" Daphne was interested,

"Amara!" someone shrieked.

Both girls stopped, turning around to see Pansy storming toward them.

"You filthy little cheater," Parkinson yelled, her fist clenched.

"Leave her alone, Parkinson" someone growled. Pansy narrowed her eyes at the blonde that had just come around the corner with Nott.

"Can't speak for yourself huh? Pathetic" she spat at the girl in front of her.

"I can handle it, Draco," Amara crossed her arms in front of her chest.

Malfoy rolled his tongue across the inside of his bottom lip and continued walking without protest.

When the boys were around the next corner, Amara turned her attention back to Pansy.

"I can understand that you're upset, and I-" she started with a calm voice,

"upset? upset is not a word for what I'm feeling" Pansy yelled.

"I never wanted to hurt you but it just happened and then-" Amara tried to stay calm, she knew Pansy was hurt and he didn't blame her

"Then you couldn't stop, huh"