Chapter 34

Thirty-four
__________________

Draco stopped kissing her the second he realised what he said.

Amaras eyes went wide, her heart fluttering when her intoxicated mind processed what just slipped out of the blonde's mouth.

"I-I didn't..." he stammered, not knowing what to say, his head buried in the crease of her shoulder.

There was nothing he could say because the words that just slipped out of his mouth were the truth.

Nothing but the truth.

It wasn't something he said because of the alcohol or because of the heat of the moment. It was what he felt.

It was silent, just for a couple of seconds but to Draco, it felt like an eternity. The deafening silence slowly tore his heart apart, piece by piece.

The only thing he heard was her breathing, she was not going to say back —he thought and there was nothing he was able to do.

Her harsh grip on his hair softened and small soft hands cupped his cheeks seconds later. She tilted his head up, making him look at her.

Her thumbs stroked his cheekbone gently, her touch was always gentle—innocent and pure.

His grey orbs were soft yet filled with panic —he was trying to read her expression, an expression of uncertainty yet there was a spark in her emerald eyes.

Emerald green —his favourite colour.

Amara was trying to read his expression as well, trying to figure out if he really meant it.

A small part of her was still scared, still trying to protect her heart.

She smiled at his pleading expression, he was silently begging her to say something, to release him from this torturing quietness.

"Amara, I- You- We-" he stammered unable to find the words but Amara interrupted him before he could continue his stuttering,

"Draco," she whispered with a smile, "I love you too" and without hesitation, Draco kissed her again.

She felt him smirking while he continued to kiss her, rough and passionate yet different from the times before.

It was meaningful.

Amara thought she was in love before and knew how it felt but it was nothing compared to the fluttering Draco Malfoy caused.

With ease he was able to increase her heartbeat with the slightest glance or touch, making her stomach do somersaults every time she looked at him, felt his lips and hands on her skin.

It was like nothing she felt before. A feeling growing with every day that passed.

She gave him all of her heart, body and soul and she would do it again.

Over and over until there was nothing left.

That's how much she loved the cocky Slytherin that once tore her apart but leaves fell and the snow melted and now she was all his and he was all hers.

Draco would spend the rest of his life devoting everything to her,

He would set the world on fire for her,

because Draco Malfoy loved her just the same.

Amara started opening the buttons of his shirt as quickly as her fingers managed, letting the fabric pool down to the floor, next to what was left of her dress.

The knot that formed inside her core tightened —begging to be released, begging to feel him again.

"Draco," she breathed while his lips moved from her mouth down her jawline, "I-I need-" she moaned again, feeling him bite in her earlobe gently and then kissing down her neck,