Chapter 8

Eight
_____________

Draco did what he thought was best. He couldn't feel the way he did. With Pansy, there was no fluttering or comfort and that's what he wanted. Malfoy wanted a distraction and Parkinson was perfect for that.

Pansy on the other hand had that fluttering inside her increasing every second she spent with him. She had no idea that he just used her to stay away from the person he wanted to be with.

Amara's heart got a crack that grew bigger every time she saw Draco and Pansy together. She couldn't help but wonder if he kissed her too — if he felt for her what she felt for him.

It started to cloud her thoughts more and more. The overthinking was eating up her mind, robbing her of sleep.

Amara didn't want to feel this way, didn't want to care. Amara tried to convince herself it was just a kiss and it didn't mean anything but it did.

It meant everything to her.

______

"You know I don't like this" Theo said and tilted his head at the Slytherin table when he walked in with Draco and Blaise.

His sister was sitting opposite Adrian with a wide smile, laughing about something the brunette said.

Draco's skin was set on fire when he saw what Theo was shooting daggers at. He let out an approving hum, feeling the anger bubble up inside him but he pushed the feeling away, burying it as far as possible.

Daphne and Pansy, who quickly followed the three boys, squeaked when they saw her friend with the boy from sixth year.

Amara felt careless, light like a feather. It was almost like all the drowning thoughts, all the suffocating feelings disappeared when she was with him.

She tried to save herself from falling deeper and deeper for the blonde who was staring at her this whole time. She felt it. His eyes burned holes in her skull making her cheeks flush.

Her girlfriends grabbed her after breakfast was done and started their interrogation on their way down to care for magical details, demanding to tell them every single detail.

Not bothered by the Gryffindors today —the three girls continued their conversation far away from the boys of their friend group.

Pansy and Daphne were well aware of how overprotective Theo is when it comes to her.

"Eurgh" cried Daphne, having a disgusted look on her face when Hagrid introduces what they have to take care of today.

"Feeding them? Pathetic" Theo mumbled.

"I'm not touching that" complained Pansy, "see they will bite my hand off"

"Who wouldn't want a pet that can burn, sting and bite all at once" Draco scoffed with sarcasm in his voice.

"Just because they are not very pretty doesn't mean they're not useful" Granger snapped.

"You would know" Amara snickered. "Have you looked in the mirror lately?" Every Slytherin started laughing, especially Pansy couldn't hold in her loud shriek. Granger's face was immediately coloured in a bright pink.

"What are you implying?" Weasley spat, standing in front of Hermione protectively.

"Do you want me to spell it for you, so your small brain can catch up, Weaselbee?" Amara mocked with a wicked grin on her face, cocking a brow.

The confidence she gained from being in her friends' presence and how quickly it faded again when she was alone was impressive.

"With his fat mouth, he should watch out, not that he accidentally eats one" Pansy laughed, crossing her arms in front of her chest.