Chapter 10

Ten
________________

"How about this one? This is cute" Daphne smiled, holding up a red jumper with a turtleneck.

"Can you really wear that to a date?" Amara chewed on her cheek. She had 20 minutes left until she would meet Adrian in the common room.

Everything was ready, except her outfit. She wore a natural makeup look and her hair had slight curls. Daphne helped her. Amara never wore curls before but she thought it looked cute —different.

"Then what about this one?" Daphne pointed at a tight black dress, with long sleeves and a V-neck.

"This might work" Amara mumbled and disappeared into the bathroom. She checked herself in the mirror above the bathroom counter and smiled —her stomach tumbled thinking about the boy she would meet soon.

"You look utterly beautiful Amara" Daphne beamed when her roommate came back outside, causing her cheeks to flush scarlet.

When the small witch came into the common room not just Adrian noticed her instantly. The blonde who was sitting next to his girlfriend did too.

Two boys with the same thought —beautiful.

Amara's whole body heated up when his lips touched her flushed cheeks to greet her. She smiled shyly.

Her brother who sat on the sofa with his friends had a hard time controlling himself. He clenched his fists and his lips were pressed into a thin line, frowning at Pucey and his sister. He knew he had no reason to but he had a terrible feeling about him.

Draco's inside was matching the colour of Amara's face and Theo's posture. His arm wrapped around Pansy, clenching onto her thigh with a strong grip when he saw Adrian's lips touching her face.

Pansy, who didn't notice where his gaze was, thought that it was her body leaning on his, her hand on his inner thigh stroking it softly that caused this reaction from him.

If she only knew how wrong she was.

______

Her mind was able to forget about the blonde she usually thought about all day. Right now her mind was only focused on the boy who sat down next to her with two butterbeers in his hands.

The two Slytherins were talking until the three broomsticks was almost empty. It was already past curfew when they decided to go back.

Amara felt careless and happy, for the first time since her heart shattered. It pieced itself back together, slowly with every smile, every word, every light touch — it healed.

When they entered the common room, it was dark, just the fire was providing a light shimmer in the room.

"I had lots of fun tonight" Amara smiled while warming her hands in the fire.

"I hope we can do it again sometime," Adrian said, standing behind her, his hands shoved into the pockets of his coat.

Amara's cheeks flushed and she spun around to face him.

"I'd love that," she said and gave him a kiss on his cheek, "Goodnight, Adrian" she whispered and walked up to her room.

Adrian smiled to himself before he too walked up to his dormitory. They both laid in bed staring at the ceiling thinking about each other.

Amara felt the butterflies in her stomach, she really wanted to kiss him but she didn't know if she was ready. The last time she kissed someone her heart shattered. However, tonight she dreamt of it, imagined how his lips would feel on hers and how he held her close.