Chapter 11

Eleven
________________

Loud chatter filled the common room after Snape required an assembly of fourth years and older.

He stepped into the crowded room and the chatter died down immediately.

"There is an old tradition that comes with the Triwizard Tournament," he started, clasping his hands behind his back, "The Yule Ball," gasps and murmurs followed.

"It is exactly what it sounds like - a ball. I expect perfect behaviour! And I mean perfect don't dare to sully the reputation of Slytherin house by acting like immature, intolerable children," he went on, "We have mandatory dance lessons for everyone to make sure you don't embarrass me,"

The faces of the girls filled with excitement and wide smiles while the boys were already rolling their eyes and groaning in frustration.

______

"Do you think he will ask you?" Daphne asked her roommate who slipped into a tight black knit dress.

"I don't know Daphne- It's been thirty minutes since we found out that there will be a ball in the first place,"

"Oh I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that anymore," Pansy giggled, sitting next to Daphne on her bed.

"He hasn't asked you yet, Pans," Daphne frowned.

"He will- we've been dating for quite some time now," Pansy said and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

Amara looked at herself in the full-body mirror and couldn't help the sadness that replaced the joy she felt previously.

"See you lot tomorrow," she mumbled, quickly leaving her dorm. She couldn't stand hearing her friend talk about him, not after all the things she felt for him. 

______

Amara and Adrian walked through the corridors talking about school and how much he missed Quidditch.

"So you were quite mysterious" she smiled at the boy walking next to her.

"You'll see" he grinned and took out his wand. He muttered something and a warm feeling flashed through their bodies.

"It's cold outside, so-"

"a warming spell" she interrupted him, hooking her arm with his while walking out of the castle and down to the lake.

Amara didn't shiver nor was there any sign of goosebumps on her body —all thanks to some simple magic. She was glad that he remembered how much she hated the cold and how easily she froze no matter how many layers of clothing she wore.

He held her hand to support her as she sat down under a tree on a blanket.

The moon was already up high in the night sky creating a gloomy night, glistening on the lake they were looking at.

There was a small jar with a fire in the middle of them, providing them with enough light to see each other's faces. It was romantic, something special. No one had ever done something like that for her.

They talked for hours again. This time about what the second task could be, their parents and even a little bit about Theo and of course Quidditch.

Adrian was careful not to touch her, only light touches when they laughed or teased each other. On their way back to the castle, their hands brushed against each other. Adrian intertwined his fingers with hers, making Amara's heart skip a beat.

It was past curfew when they arrived back and they almost stumbled into Snape while walking to the common room.

The moment Adrian saw the dark clothes figure he turned around and ran, still holding her hand.