Chapter 6

Six
_____________

After spending a few days with Draco and her brother, Amara decided to write to Pansy and Daphne to tell them what happened.

She felt bad for shutting them out but then again she was glad that no one was here when Draco was. It was the last day he would stay at their house and after Theo announced that Blaise will come over, Amara decided to invite Pansy and Daphne as well.

The whole evening she could feel him staring at her from the sofa opposite the one she was sitting on.

"C'mon, just one" Pansy teased the green-eyed witch, handing her a glass filled with brown liquor —fire whiskey.

Amara never had a drop of alcohol before. She thought it tasted disgusting and after all the nights she had to hold Pansy's and Daphne's hair up she never wanted to experience that feeling.

"Don't screw up my sister, Parkinson" Theo spat, narrowing his eyes in disapproval.

"This girl needs to loosen up a little," Pansy laughed.

However, with everyone watching her, Amara decided to just drink it —how bad could it be?

She knew about the effects alcohol can have on someone's body, she saw it often enough when her friends were drinking.

She knew how it can make you feel everything and nothing. How it could make you feel like you're on top of the world or you're drowning in sadness. How it can numb all your pain or make you feel everything at once.

After one glass Amara already felt the effects on her body. Amara pinched her brows when the liquor burned down her throat. When the burning stopped and the warmth spread in her veins making her inside light up and giggle uncontrollably.

Draco chuckled quietly seeing the disgusted look on her face when she drowned the first glass all at once.

Pansy and Daphne gave each other a high-five, smiling widely. Theo just shook his head and rolled his eyes, "I'm not going to hold you when you throw up," he hissed.

"You don't need him, Amara," Daphne smiled, wrapping her arm around her friend, "You have us," she winked and all three girls started giggling.

Amara wasn't used to drinking, so she only needed a few more drinks to achieve the same state of intoxication as her girlfriends.

Her worried mind was able to stop overthinking everything, it became blank —numb even, what was exactly what she wanted.

While his sister was able to relax and have fun, Theo had the constant urge to snatch the glass away from her. She wasn't used to drinking and was already wasted after a couple of drinks. He was worried she would do something she might regret tomorrow.

It was past midnight and Pansy was already asleep on Blaise's shoulder. He chuckled and carried her bridal style upstairs to the guest room.

Draco, just like Theo, was constantly staring at the girl opposite him. His eyes scanned her face and how she pinched her brows every time she sipped on her glass or how she couldn't stop laughing about the smallest things.

He chuckled to himself, seeing how her body couldn't handle any alcohol.

The boy next to him on the other hand didn't find any joy in his sister's intoxication. Theo snatched the glass out of Amara's hand before another drop of alcohol could find its way to her lips.

"Hey!" She protested and tried to take it back.

"You've had enough." He growled, drowning the remaining liquor in her glass