Chapter 16

Sixteen
_______________

After new years Adrian stayed a couple of days and Amara chose to follow Pansy's advice and try again.

She woke up to the smell of fried eggs and bacon in her room.

"Good Morning, love" her boyfriend smiled, behind him flowing to plates and two cups in the air. With a snap of his fingers, they set down on either bedside table.

"I made you breakfast" he smiled, sitting down next to the sleepy girl. Both of them are leaning against the headboard.

"How sweet of you" she smiled, her voice still tired.

"What do you want to do today? My mum wants me back tomorrow morning"

No," Amara protested, making a sad face.

"We will see each other in school again... or," he rubbed his neck with his hand like he always does when he is nervous, "...Or you could come with me and meet my parents"

"Meet your p-parents?" she stuttered, her heart stopping at the thought of meeting his mum. Adrian always talks so highly of her but still, Amara wonders if she will be considered good enough.

"She would love to meet you and I know your mum,"

"True but-"

"I can understand if you don't want to.. stupid idea anyway"

"No, not at all... I-I'm just nervous"

"You don't have to be, she will love you... how could anyone not like you"

"Everyone outside of the Slytherin house seems to be able to" Amara laughed.

"Like anyone gives a shit about their opinion" Adrian joined her laughter.

"Okay fine, tell her I would love to meet her"

"Perfect" he beamed, placing a kiss on her head.

______

"Amara, Theo we have to leave! You don't want to miss the train."

"Coming," they both said at the same time.

"I would rather stay locked up in my room, to be honest,'' she said to her brother who was still packing while Amara sat on his sofa waiting for him.

"You gonna tell me what happened or you still let me play a guessing game?"

Amara smirked, "I think I let you continue the guessing game"

"You are a cruel person, little sis" he laughed.

"okay done! Let's go before Mum hexes us" he said, closing his trunk.

"Finally," their mother said, clapping her hands together, "Took you long enough"

"Theo not me" Amara smirked, pointing at her brother who carried both of their suitcases,

"You can carry your shit yourself"

"Language Theodore" his mother warned.

"Where is father?" Amara questioned.

"Important ministry business, he won't make it"

"Of course" Theo rolled his eyes, walking to the door.

"Didn't you forget something?" his mother raised an eyebrow.

"Mum" he groaned and rolled his eyes, but his mother kept her gaze fixed on him.

"Fine," he muttered, picking Amara's suitcase back up again.