Chapter 83

Eighty-three
_____________

"Amara? What are you doing here?" the young boy whispered, standing on top of the stairs a few steps above his sister.

"Psst," she hushed, pressing her pointer finger on her lips.

"Are they fighting again? They do that a lot lately," Theo mumbled, sitting down on the step next to his sister.

"Be quiet Theo... I can't hear what they say," Amara whispered.

"You are too noisy..." he shook his head, "when mum finds you here eavesdropping she will ground you till your 18."

"Go away, Theodore."

"It's your life, not mine," he shrugged and walked back up the stairs.

"Everything I do is to protect our family... do you have any idea what would have happened to them if he found out?" her father seethed.

"He is dead, Greg- Harry Potter killed him- Merlin knows how but there is nothing to find out."

"If you really believe that-"

"He wouldn't have done it..." Bethany interrupted her husband, "he didn't punish Cissy for her own sister. Why would he do it to me?"

"Because she cut all ties with her and you refused to do that," Mr. Nott spat. Amara stared at the ajar door only seeing the shadow of her parents' movements.

"She was my sister," Bethany gasped.

"and she was a threat to our family... I only did what's right."

"What's right?" she scoffed, "You think killing my sister was right?"

Amara gasped and covered her mouth quickly, tears swelling up in her eyes.

"She fell in love with a Muggle Bethany," Gregory raised his voice.

"She was still my sister-" Mrs. Nott yelled back.

"I did it to protect you Beth, you and our children," he exhaled deeply, calming his temper, "You might not understand but-"

"She was my sister, Gregory," she interrupted him.

"She made a choice-"

"What-What about the girl?" Amara could hear her mother's voice break, hiding the quiet sob that wanted to flee her lips.

Gregory sighed, "Beth-"

"No," she shook her head, "she was only a baby- she- she didn't do anyone any harm."

"Beth listen to me," he reached for her hand but Bethany backed away.

"No I won't listen to you- how could you do this to me? This was the only family I had left!"

"What about me? What about our children?"

"Don't bring the twins into this," she shouted.

"What if he would have threatened them? Tortured and killed them?" Gregory raised his voice as well.

"He is dead- gone! There was no reason for you to do that!"

"It was too much of a risk and if you really think he is gone for good- well I'm sorry to disappoint you, Darling," he grabbed her face, "Believe me you rather have them dead than what the dark Lord would do to them,"

"It's not fair," she sobbed.

"I know-" he whispered and pulled her to his chest.

Amara gasped and shot up, pressing her flat hand on her chest, "Oh shit," she whispered and rushed out of bed. Quickly covering her body with a robe to hurry down the corridor.