Chapter 27

T/W: violence

Twenty-seven
__________________

It has been two weeks since Amara had sex with Draco in the changing rooms. They haven't talked since that day, same with Pansy.

She was different. Amara had the feeling Pansy was watching her like a predator his prey.

It was unsettling and made her nauseous. She had the feeling that Pansy knew —that she knew what happened.

Daphne told her Pansy came back crying and this only increased her nervousness. 

Amara was worried that she heard or saw what happened, so she avoided Malfoy and Parkinson like the plague.

She used the time alone to study, it was the perfect excuse why she was alone all the time and never with her friends.

It was deserted in the library today —maybe four more people besides Amara were sitting in the library.

Amara couldn't focus. She still hasn't had the chance to talk to Adrian, she wondered if he knew — if Pansy told him. However, Amara didn't even know if Pansy knew.

Pansy hasn't talked to either of them the whole day until she arrived at breakfast with a wide smile —as if nothing happened.

Adrian has been avoiding her like she has avoided her friends —until today,

"We need to talk," Adrian growled, standing in front of the dark-haired girl.

"Now you want to talk," Amara taunted, not looking up from her book.

Adrian grabbed her wrist and pulled her off the chair into an aisle, shoving her against the wall in the back.

"What the fu-"

"Is it true?" Adrian trapped his girlfriend's body in between his hands.

"Is what true?"

"Pansy told me she saw you.. she saw you fucking Malfoy"

"She- she saw me?" Amara stuttered. Her suspicion was confirmed —Pansy knew, she knew all this time.

"So it is true," Adrian growled and chuckled, not quite believing that it was all true.

"Adrian-" Amara whispered, tears rolling down her cheeks,

"I-I wanted to talk to you but you-"

"But what?" he yelled

"you didn't listen," she whispered

"and he did?" his hand slamming against the wall next to her head —Amara flinched.

He took a step back, eyeing the crying girl up and down. The chocolate brown in his eyes vanished, they were dark and filled with rage.

"Adrian-" Amara begged but he lost his temper, his flat hand causing a burning pain in the girl's cheek.

His ring cut through her embellished skin.

"You're such a whore, Amara" his hands wrapped around her throat, "you know, I didn't believe Parkinson at first."

"I thought, not the sweet and innocent girl I fell in love with, she would never do this" his hand tightened around her throat,

"But then I thought about it.. you're not that girl anymore"

"Adrian, p-please-"

"P-please" he mocked, "I told myself I was irrational but when Parkinson told me she saw you-"