Chapter 81

Eighty-one
_____________

Amara shot up in the middle of the night, sitting straight in bed. Her whole body shivered despite sleeping with two blankets to protect her from the cold November air.

Her chest heaved up and down at a quick pace. She stared at the girl sitting in the bed opposite hers. Daphne's face was only illuminated by the small light on her bedside table.

"The dream again?" she asked, her eyes squinting away from the book in front of her to catch the small nod of Amara's head.

"I still think it's more than a dream," Amara said. Her breathing and heartbeat went back to a normal pace.

Daphne hummed, "Maybe now that we learn Legilimency we can look into your mind and see if there is a big scheme going on and find out that you're doomed," the blonde chuckled.

"Look into my mind?" Amara frowned.

"It was a joke, love- it's only a dream," Daphne said with a tight smile.

"Probably," Amara mumbled but Daphne's words sparked an idea in her head. If it is a memory it has to be inside her mind.

The only problem with her idea is that the only person she knew who could look into her mind, who is talented enough and had already seen all the private moments was the one person she doesn't want to speak to.

______

Her mind debated for three whole days if it was a good idea to walk up to that door and knock. For three days she thought about every possible scenario of what he would say and do.

After another night of tossing and turning, she decided to be brave and walk down that corridor.

Amara took a deep breath and her fist gently connected with the wooden door.

"Yes?" a deep voice hummed from inside.

Her trembling hand slowly pushed the handle down and peeked through the door. He straightened his spine when his eyes landed on her head.

"Amara?" he frowned.

"Hi," she said silently with a weak smile.

"What do you want? Any headboy thing I missed?"

"No," she mumbled, looking down at her hands. She bit the inside of her cheek trying to gather the strength to tilt her head back up at him.

When she did, she found his grey eyes looking back at her soft and warm. A rare thing.

"I need your help," she sighed.

"Sit," he motioned for his bed and her weak knees slowly took her to the other side of his bed where she usually slept. She sunk into the mattress on the edge. One leg crossed.

"I don't know where else to go," Amara said silently, "I need you to look for a memory."

"A memory?" Draco frowned, his spine pressed against the headboard.

He carefully studied her face and posture. How pale her cheeks looked in the dim light of his room and the light-dark circles under her eyes. He saw that she had trouble sleeping and saw how nervous she seemed to be.

"Yes..." she exhaled deeply,  "I have this dream and- and I think it's more than a dream,"

"You think it's a memory?" he asked.

Amara nodded.

"What makes you think that?"

"It just feels like there is more..." Amara said.