Chapter 91

Ninety-one
____________

A couple of days passed and he didn't visit. She huffed frustrated after checking her watch, knowing class is already over. Amara spends most of her awake time reading and staring through the window on the other side of the room.

"Good to see you alive," a voice from the shadows called.

"Blaise?" Amara frowned, only seeing the outline of a tall male body.

"I'm not here to reconcile-" he came into full view. Dark circles under his eyes made him look sick, "I just wanted to check on you."

"Thanks," Amara mumbled. The pain and worry he felt clearly decorated his face.

"I hear they're gonna send you home soon," he said while sitting down on the chair next to her bed.

"They think it's best," Amara said, picking on the skin of her fingers. She didn't want to go home and be all alone but her parents didn't make it a choice of hers, "I'm sorry," she added silently.

"She is all alone Amara," Blaise said, not able to look at her, "You know you can help her... if someone can convince him to help it's you."

"I don't-" she wanted to explain but he didn't let her. He jumped up, the chair falling over.

"Think about it- She is innocent, pure- just- she would never harm anyone.." he raised his voice, throwing his hand around in the air, "You can't say that about the people living in that house."

"Blaise, I-" Amara felt tears pressing up against her eyes, head falling between her shoulders. She couldn't look at the desperation on his face. Slowly she shook her head feeling a tear roll down her cheek.

"If you really care you wouldn't hesitate," he spat and stormed out.

______

The moon was already high in the sky when Amara arrived at her childhood home. She came per floo powder. As the fire extinguished nothing but darkness greeted her.

Her parents weren't even there. The only life that greeted her was the house elf, hectically taking her things upstairs — asking her hundreds of questions. Amara only mumbled a small 'thank you' before closing her bedroom door.

She was all alone, staring at the ceiling above her. Her bed was way more comfortable than the one in the hospital wing but at least there she had her brother, had her friends. Not even her mother was here to check on her.

After hours of tossing and turning, her exhausted body granted her some sleep.
_
Her fist gently knocked on the dark wood in front of her, so gentle she wondered if he could even hear it. But he did. A minute passed and just as she wanted to knock once more, he opened the door. Standing in front of her with a frown between his brows, scanning every inch of her body.

"Hi," Amara said quietly. The tall frame stepped out of the way, holding the door open for her to come in.

"Theo said you're leaving today," Malfoy stated, clearly annoyed as he closed the door.

Amara fiddled with the ring on her finger, sitting down on the edge of his bed. A bed that once was theirs.

Not meeting his pale eyes she said, "I'm safe to travel and my parents said they want me home as soon as possible."
Silence followed. He was so good at staring at her, burning her skin every time, so much better at being silent.

"I came to say goodbye," she spoke again after not hearing one sound from him.  Tears burned in her eyes. She pushed him away once again.

A deep sigh left him. A few moments later the mattress next to her dipped and strong arms wrapped themselves around her — pulling her on his lap. Her head fell to his shoulder. Maybe he didn't let her push him away this time, perhaps his feet have a stronger hold now. Maybe now more than ever.