Chapter 9

Nine
______________

"Come on let's go to dinner" Fred smiled and both of the twins stood up, helping the Slytherin up her feet.

Amara and the twins walked to dinner together parting ways to their tables and they were able to make her smile effortlessly.

Harry and his friends were quite confused about why Fred and George were talking to her, talking to one of them.

"She was sitting on the floor in the library crying" Fred shrugged.

"So? She is horrible, just like Malfoy. She deserves it whatever it was" Ron spat.

On the Slytherin table, a similar conversation took place

Draco's veins filled with venom and fire when he saw her with them —laughing.

"Why were you talking to them?" Theo interrogated his sister. He instantly noticed her flushed cheeks and her eyes glistening in the light.

"I bumped into them when I was in the library, it's nothing..." Amara mumbled, avoiding her brother's gaze.

"Becoming a blood traitor too huh" Draco spat and her eyes blurred and her face went pale.

It was like a knife sliced her open even more.

"Don't talk to her like that" Theo spat, clenching his fists.

Draco turned his attention to Pansy. He knew better than to mess with Theo when it came to his little sister.

It was time for the goblet to choose and when it did, a deafening silence filled the hall when Harry Potter was chosen as a fourth champion.

"Really? He always finds a way to show off" Draco rolled his eyes.

"Pathetic, I hope he dies" Pansy mumbled while Draco wrapped his arm around her shoulder —pulling her closer.

______

A few days later Malfoy came up with badges, that say support Cedric and change into Potter stinks. Draco walked around gloating when more and more students started wearing them.

Amara slowly fell more and more apart, her fragile mind overthinking everything. 

And seeing her best friend give the blonde a kiss or him stroking her thigh or arm — it broke her heart, pulling apart everything piece by piece.

Draco fooled himself, convincing his mind that he really cared for Pansy. However, she was nothing more than a distraction. Malfoy didn't care for her as he should, he was able to close his heart and bury his feelings deep down, so they can be forgotten.

For Amara, it just seemed like he didn't care, like he never did. He was happy with Pansy and Pansy was happy with him.

He was happy with Pansy and Pansy was happy with him. The one that was left alone and broken was Amara.