Chapter 24

Twenty-four
__________________

"You won't believe it!" Malfoy said while sliding the compartment door open.

"What?" Blaise frowned.

"Weaselbee is prefect"

"Not Potter?" Theo frowned.

Malfoy laughed, "How pathetic he must feel that Weasley was preferred"

"Hey let's go.. let's have some fun" Draco smirked and Theo matched his expression.

"See you later, Darling," Malfoy said, emphasising Darling, glimpsing over to the dark-haired witch, talking to her friend.

Amara felt his eyes on her instantly. Her green, finding his grey. The second he saw her watching him he pressed his lips on Pansy, kissing her passionately. Knowing that Amara was watching him.

Amara kept her face blank, no muscle moved. She didn't want to give him the satisfaction that it was indeed bothering her.

"Get a room," Daphne groaned.

"I told Adrian I would meet him.. see you lots later," Amara said suddenly, wanting to leave the compartment but Draco and Pansy were still busy exchanging saliva.

"Would you move?" she spat.

"Why so sassy, Amara?" Draco smirked, "Something bothering you?"

"She probably just needs to get laid," Pansy snickered, sending her friend a wink.

"On my way to it," Amara said, shoving Malfoy out of the way.

The blonde pressed his lips together, his jaw clenched. The thought of Pucey touching her where he did was causing a wildfire inside him.

"Let's go," Theo patted Malfoys shoulder and the two Slytherins left the compartment.

______

Amara didn't go to Adrian, she went into the lavatory. She stared at herself in the small mirror, trying to breathe.

It hurt her to see him with her best friend. It did. It was a stab in her heart every time. She could have been the one he was kissing if she wouldn't have been too scared.

Scared to get hurt.

But it was too late to change her mind now, still, she decided it was time to come clean. She needed to break up with Adrian,

like she should have done months ago.

Amara wiped her tears away and with another deep breath, she opened the door and walked down the corridor, searching for her boyfriend.

"Amara!"

The dark-haired witch stopped -spinning around gracefully, spotting her brother and Malfoy walking towards her.

"Theo," Amara said, annoyed. He noticed the slight glistening in her eyes. He frowned, searching the emerald green. Her cheeks were flushed,

she has been crying.

"You alright?"

Her green flickered from her brother's green orbs to the grey ones next to him and back to Theo.

Something both boys noticed.

"Never been better," she smiled weakly, "Have you seen Adrian?"

"No," Theo pressed his lips together.

"See you later then," Amara said, continuing her search.

______

The train arrived and Amara hadn't found Adrian anywhere. On their way to the carriages —still nothing. Even in the great hall, he was nowhere to be found.