Chapter 12

Twelve
________________

Amara was sitting in the common room with her brother and best friend. Her thoughts circled around the blonde and his lips on hers.

She was unsure what to do. Should tell someone or not? She wanted to talk about it but she didn't even know what it was.

Adrian made her happy, she tried to convince herself.

Amara was pulled out of her thoughts when her raven-haired friend sat down on the sofa opposite her.

"Good to know, you're still alive," Daphne teased.

"Been busy" her cheeks flushing scarlet, Amara noticed her wet and swollen lips —they have been kissing.

How can he say he cares about her and then go back to kissing her best friend?

"Did he finally ask you?" Daphne asked.

Pansy's cheeks grew redder and she nodded.

If only she knew that he wanted to go with Amara but the desperation he felt after her rejection just made him shut down his feelings once more.

Again, he chose Pansy.

Draco followed quickly, sitting down next to Pansy, his arm wrapped around her shoulders. Yet his eyes were on someone else.

The grey orbs examined her body, from her legs up to her face. They stopped on her emerald green just to see her already looking at him.

He wasn't sure about her expression. They haven't talked to each other since he kissed her and they stopped studying together too.

Every time he saw her, she was with Adrian and every time she wasn't, he was with Pansy. Maybe it would have been easier for him to just end things with Parkinson but he needed a distraction.

Pansy was the best he would get but every night before he went to sleep, he thought about the girl he couldn't have.

_____

Theo opened the door to his room and was surprised to see his sister sitting on his bed.

"Everything alright?" Theo asked concerned seeing his sister's expression. Sad and worried.

"I need to speak with you... about-" she took a deep breath, "boys"

He cocked his brow and sat down on the mattress, opposite her, "Did something happen between you and Pucey?"

"Not quite.." Amara mumbled, "I really like him Theo but there is... I just- why don't boys just tell you how they feel"

"You know Pucey and you.. you've been seeing each other for what? A month? Feelings take time to develop, Amara"

She groaned and buried her face in her hands,

"I'm not talking about Adrian" she mumbled.

"Then who are you talking about?"

"I just... just wondered, if you are with someone that makes you happy but you don't know how you really feel because there is still someone else on your mind... as a boy, what would you do?"