one hundred and eleven

taehyung watched yoongi try out several outfits for an internship. he looked good in all of them, how could he pick?

"this one makes my legs look weird" yoongi frowned, "no it doesn't! i think it's my favorite one so far"

yoongi hummed, "okay, i'll wear this one" he said and putting on his at home clothes after taking his fancy outfit off.

the place yoongi was applying for an internship wasn't big or top rated in korea but he just wanted to be more experienced in social work.

"when's the interview?" taehyung asked, "tomorrow at 11am" he said, pointing at the calendar.

-

yoongi sat across his interviewer, not making eye contact. he was working up the courage to look at the woman slightly in the eyes.

"good morning, yoongi. how's your day?" the woman asked as she got some files ready, "it's been good, what about you?" he asked, "i've been good as well"

"so tell me about yourself" she spoke, yoongi nodded, "my name is min yoongi, i have son and a husband. i am majoring in psychology and social work" he said, he hated this question so much because there was nothing interesting about him.

"why do you want this intership?" she asked, "i am very passionate about psychology and social work. i have wanted to become a social worker since 9th grade, i think it would be great for me to get more experience so i could become a better social worker in the future, i especially hope to develop more skills during crisis intervention" he said, he had no emotion on display and he wasn't making eye contact. he heard the small little voice in his head say, 'smile!'.

he showed a small smile which was a rectangle smile because he felt forced to, the interviewer mentally raised a brow at the boy.

there were a couple more questions before the interview was done and the woman was reviewing yoongi's profile.

"i'm very impressed with your resume and answers, but i have to say, you didn't make eye contact with me once this whole interview" she said, yoongi hummed, "i don't think that's what people would want and you kept a blank expression. do you want this intership or not?" she asked, she had raised her tone a bit and yoongi noticed.

yoongi bit his lip, "i have autism and it can be very difficult for me to make eye contact and sometimes it's hard for me to display emotions. it's listed on the bottom of my resume" he said, the woman sighed.

"how do i know you're capable of helping people when you have autism? i don't think our team would want some autistic person on our team. are you like those autistic people that scream and cry? we don't need that here" she said, "w-what?"

"you autistic people are so entitled and think the world should revolve around you. autism is just an excuse for bad behavior. most of you guys aren't capable of anything"

yoongi was handed back his resume and he slumped his shoulders, he mumbled a small, 'okay' and left.

-

he spent a good portion of time in his car crying, he couldn't he had just been told all that. they could've just said he wasn't a good candidate and that way he wouldn't be sobbing.

this was a harsh reality for yoongi. it wasn't the first time he was turned down for having autism. he had experienced it a couple hundred times but today it hurt more coming from a mental health place.