ninety-eight

a little time skip! like 6 months!

tw: alcohol

"taehyung, i'm terrified" yoongi frowned as they got ready to meet their case worker, "i am too, i couldn't sleep last night. we'll have to buy some coffee on our way there. it's going to be alright no matter what happens" he said, yoongi nodded, his legs to his chest.

"get up from your little corner, sugar. i can help you get ready if you want" the taller boy said, yoongi stood up, shaking his head.

yoongi and taehyung sat across their case worker. taehyung had to admit, he was a bit more scared than yoongi, his hands were shaking under the table. unlike yoongi, he had never had  experience with foster care or these sort of legal things.

they talked about why they were were interested in becoming foster parents, their interests, etcetera. their case worker was nice so that was a plus.

"i think you guys are amazing candidates to become foster parents. your application and interview will be discussed and soon, someone from the department of family services. they might want to interview you guys again, maybe inspect the house and stuff. here is this paper on how you can prepare for that. it takes around 3-6 months to become a foster parent"

they were each handed a paper on how to prepare for a house inspection. it was quite lengthy but they knew it would be worth it.

"why are you being so quiet?" yoongi mumbled as they drove to a restaurant to eat with kyungmi and minsoo, "i'm really overwhelmed, i want to cry" he said, yoongi rubbed the boy's shoulders,"it's okay to be overwhelmed, especially right now. you're entering a new chapter, can i do anything"

taehyung wiped his tears, "hug please when we get to the restaurant"

"of course"

"i'm glad you guys have a nice case worker, that will make it so much easier" minsoo said, "i'm really excited" yoongi smiled, drinking his soda.

"i'm excited too" taehyung said, ruffling yoongi's hair, "if you guys want, i could hire someone to deep clean your house" minsoo said, "no, it's okay" taehyung smiled.

"if the department of family services approves you, you'll have to complete trainings" kyungmi said, "what is it about?" taehyung asked, "it's about general care, grief, abuse, caring for them, and etcetera. if your have certifications in cpr and first aid, you're already 2 steps ahead"

"i have mine!" yoongi exclaimed, "i only have my cpr one" taehyung rubbed his neck, "that's fine! you're still ahead from many! minsoo didn't have any"

minsoo laughed, "yes, i'm sure you guys can do this" she said, taehyung smiled hearing those reassuring words. he was so terribly worried about this.

namjoon

HEY GUYS

HEARD U GUYS WENT TO SEE A CASE WORKER

SEOK TOLD ME