seventy-six

"remember how we talked about elastics?" the man asked, sitting the boy up, yoongi shook his head.

"ah so basically, your bite is not that usual. you have an anterior open bite and a class II overjet. we're going to put elastics to fix it" he explained, yoongi didn't understand the complex vocabulary but nodded.

soon enough, yoongi had two triangles and 2 other elastics that stretched to the back of his mouth. he hated it.

"i know you do better with visuals and instructions so i printed this out" he spoke, yoongi took it into his hands and nodded.

he cried and let out hiccups as he caressed mr. frog. it restricted his mouth and he absolutely hated it.

he wanted his taehyungie. his prince that could make it better with kisses and his honey sweet words. the person who always knew what to do.

soon enough, taehyung entered. he frowned seeing his boy crying and sobbing. he thought of the day to see if something woukd have triggered it, ex. the day he got taken by cps.

"bub, what's wrong?" he frowned, yoongi turned to face him as he sniffled, "my mouth hurts" he signed,  wiping his tears.

"did you get your braces tightened?" he asked, he nodded, "i got elastics" he frowned, he opened his mouth a bit for taehyung to see.

"that looks uncomfy.. wow" he mumbled, "i look like the finding dory girl" he cried, taehyung couldn't help but giggle, "you do not.. she's kinda ugly but you're so pretty"

yoongi sniffled, "are you sure?" he asked, "beyond sure. prettiest boy in the whole universe"

yoongi smiled a bit, taehyung laid next to yoongi. he caressed the boy's hair, "your hair is getting long"

yoongi nodded, "i don't like hairdressers but i dont like long hair"

taehyung hummed, "let me cut it" he offered, yoongi made a weird face, a bit disapproving.

"i'm good at it!" taehyung reassured, yoongi looked him up and down. not sure of taehyung.

"i even have the fancy scissors" taehyung said, "why would i trust you with my precious hair?" yoongi questioned, "well why wouldn't you?"

yoongi hummed and thought about it for a second, "hair grows back anyways" he shrugged so he agreed.

"you're brushing too hard!" yoongi exclaimed, a frown on display, "stop whining or you're going to go bald" taehyung mumbled, "stop!" yoongi whined.

"jokes, but stay still" taehyung said, he began to slowly snip the boy's hair, bringing tingles to yoongi's spine.

snip snip here, snip snip there, and yoongi got even more nervous by the second.

he began flapping his hands to not get overstimulated, taehyung gave him the time he needed.

"ready again?" taehyung asked, yoongi nodded, holding a frog figurine in his lap.

taehyung hummed, cutting a bit of yoongi's bangs, "will i look cute?" he asked, taehyung nodded.

yoongi's mood had improved because of his taehyungie. taehyung was his superhero.