sixty-six

"yoongi?"

yoongi raised his brows and turned his head upon hearing his name being called out in the middle of a grocery store.

"who are you?" he mumbled, "i'm your mother" she spoke, yoongi stared at the man and woman in front of him.

these were his biological parents.

he stood there, "no" he spoke, the man raised his brow, "what do you mean no?" he asked, grabbing his shoulder.

yoongi began shaking without realizing, "n-no! you're supposed to be in jail" he stuttered, gripping onto holly's leash.

"we were, not anymore. we should go out to eat" the woman spoke, yoongi couldn't move.

"what a cute dog" the man tried to say but yoongi began crying. he picked holly up and ran. he didn't know where but he didn't want to be near the store.

he could hear his biological parents shout his name and their footsteps running behind him.

he saw a gas station that said, "safe place" and ran inside. he was out of breath and crying, his head was pounding and his vision was clouded with tears.

the employee there stared at him, "do you need help?" she asked, yoongi nodded and sobbed.

the woman was puzzled because she didn't know what to do. yoongi didn't want to be alive.

"who can i call?" she calmly asked, but yoongi couldn't speak. too bright, too loud, too overwhelmed.

he was guided to a quiet room for these situations. the employee sat with him until he could somewhat calm down.

"hey, who can i call?" she asked, yoongi sniffled, "tae.. i want tae" he cried, kyungmi nor minsoo could help right now because they were busy. he wanted his tae.

"what's his number?" she asked, yoongi gave her the number and the phone was soon answered.

taehyung let the boy cry and guided him to the car. he buckled him up since yoongi couldn't because of his shaky hands

"what happened?" taehyung asked as he backed up the car, but yoongi couldn't speak.

he signalled the boy to look at him do he could see him sign. yoongi signed a bit slower when signing to taehyung.

taehyung was glad that he learned a lot of sign language, especially in moments like these.

"your parents? like, biological?" he asked, yoongi nodded and sniffled.

"what did they do?" he asked, yoongi signed that they had followed him and that he had to run here. he also signed that he was paranoid of them still after him.

"we'll go home. take deep breaths, you're okay" he said as he drove, yoongi nodded and tried to ground himself.

"turn off the lights" yoongi signed, covering his eyes. taehyung did that, he didn't want to overwhelm the boy even more.

"what can i do to help?" taehyung signed. sometimes he would sign to help him learn and help yoongi.

"blanket" yoongi signed, taehyung nodded and ran to their bedroom to grab that and his favorite stuffed frog.

"thank you" yoongi signed, "do you want water?" taehyung signed, yoongi nodded.