eighteen

december 30, taehyung's birthday. the boy was happy, finally 16! finally older than yoongi.

yoongi on the other hand was trying to form a friendship with taehyung, but taehyung was really stubborn and rude but yoongi could change that. in honor of taehyung's birthday, he baked a cupcake for taehyung! surely taehyung would be his friend, all he wanted was to make good friendships.

yoongi was careful with the cupcake, protecting it all costs. he put it in his locker and would wait till lunch time to give him the cupcake.

"yoon, it's almost new year, what are going to be your resolutions?" namjoon asked as they walked to first period, "i don't know, i usually don't set any. what about you?" yoongi pouted, a sigh leaving his mouth.

"i don't know to be honest, maybe get a girlfriend or boyfriend" he laughed, yoongi smiled, "you're bi?" he asked, namjoon nodded, "yup, how about you?"

yoongi hesitated on what to say, "i'm not sure, i'm trying to figure it out" he said, ruffling his own hair, "it's okay yoon, just like whoever you like, don't force labels on to you" namjoon smiled, his dimples on display which made yoongi smile, "thank you"

"taehyung's birthday is today, if he's being a bitch just tell me" hoseok said, flopping onto a chair at the lunch table, "i got him something" yoongi softly said, hoseok raised a brow, "you what?" he asked, "i got him something"

hoseok let out a sigh, "yoon, that's probably not a good decision" hoseok said, yoongi looked down, a frown on display, "it's going to be alright" yoongi reassured hoseok, was it going to be alright?, "whatever you say yoon"

"here taehyung!" yoongi smiled, handing the boy the cupcake that was in a small box. taehyung opened the box and raised a brow, he failed to notice hoseok's stare and he was going to be in big trouble.

"why the hell would i want this?" the boy scoffed, yoongi's smile instantly failed, taehyung rejected his cupcake? that he made?

"because it's your birthday! just take it please!" yoongi frowned, taehyung sighed and nodded, "and i can do anything with it?" taehyung asked, yoongi nodded with a smile.

taehyung grinned, he took the cupcake and smashed it onto yoongi, spreading it everywhere.

yoongi stood there, he hated this feeling, it was sticky everywhere and he felt disgusting.

he ran to the bathroom as he sobbed, he just tried to be nice and this is what he got?

"taehyung you fucking bitch!" hoseok screamed, slapping taehyung across the face, he had witnessed everything and his hatred for taehyung only grew.

"he deserves it!"

another slap across his face, taehyung winced. hoseok was a pretty thin boy but for sure slapped hard, "say that one more time and i'll give you what you deserve!" hoseok gritted, pulling taehyung's hair and slamming his head against the wall.

namjoon slowly walked into the bathroom to look for yoongi, he was in the corner sobbing and trying to take the sticky icing off with paper towels.