eleven

tw: suicide attempt, nightmares, mentions of blood, death threats

yoongi had a nightmare that night, he woke up screaming, shaking, and crying. minsoo rushed to the boy's room, scared that he was in danger.

"yoongi, everything alright?" minsoo asked, but yoongi couldn't answer, he was shaking and looking around, it felt like everything was repeating again, "yoongi" she spoke once again, walking closer to the boy and sitting next to him, making him flinch.

"you're okay yoongi, take some deep breaths, i'll be right back" minsoo said, she knew yoongi needed to ground himself, she was trying to think fast on how to ground him. kyungmi was better at this but she was working at the hospital.

she guided holly to yoongi's room, yoongi was screaming into his legs, he  hated this so much. why him out of 7 billion people?

"holly is here and we also have froggie, look at froggie" minsoo said, her voice was soft which was calming yoongi down a bit, he looked at the frog and nodded, "can you tell me what color froggie is? what can you tell me more about them?" she said, yoongi's head hurt like hell, his throat hurt from screaming and he was shaking.

"g-green, froggie is a h-he" the boy shakily said, he was so scared, he felt stuck, "good job, touch froggie and tell me about his texture" minsoo said, yoongi touched froggie, he tried to focus on that only instead of his flashbacks.

"soft froggie" he whispered, minsoo nodded, "good job honey, you're safe now, no one can hurt you" she said, yoongi hugged his legs, rocking himself back and forth, "do you want to talk about it?" she asked, yoongi shrugged, "abuse" he signed, minsoo nodded, "you're safe now, did anything trigger it?" she asked, yoongi hummed, "my friends were shouting yesterday, not at me but it still triggered me" he signed, he ran his hands through holly's fur.

"what if my biological parents try to take me back?" yoongi signed, it was one of his worst irrational thoughts, "they've tried it yoongi, the court didn't give them a chance since they lost their parental rights some time ago" minsoo said, yoongi couldn't sign anything due to the fact he was crying.

"they won't win custody over you even if the court let them try" she said, she regretted telling yoongi that his biological parents tried to take him back, "i feel miserable mom" yoongi signed as he cried, minsoo hated seeing her son so upset, he had gone to one therapy session but stayed quiet the whole time.

"i'm going to schedule you a therapy session for as soon as possible, it's going to be hard at first but it will get better, you need this yoongi. i'll let you stay home tomorrow, just tell kyungmi because she's taking you to school in the morning" minsoo said as she tucked in yoongi, yoongi loved his weighed blanket, it calmed him down.

kyungmi wasn't in a great mood when she got home, it definitely was not a great idea to have her care for yoongi in the morning.

"she said i could stay home" yoongi signed, kyungmi sighed, "she didn't tell me anything and i can't call her now so you're going, okay?" kyungmi said, she was exhausted, she went through a 12 hour shift with no sleep and no coffee.

"but she said" he signed, kicking his legs, he was getting frustrated. he barely had motivation to live, let alone go to school, "she didn't tell me anything, hurry up, the clock is ticking"

yoongi let out a scream of frustration, throwing his pencil pouch into his bag along with some other things he needed to survive and for class, he didn't bother making anything to eat at school, he had pounds to lose any ways.