one hundred and four

namjoon thought doctors were weird, especially dentists. why did they have the right to look so open in his mouth and not be questioned.

hoseok sat on the corner of the orthodontist room, he was tired and namjoon had woken him up at 8am for this appointment. he woke him up so early because hoseok took the longest time in the world to pick out an outfit.

"you haven't been wearing your rubber bands, have you?" the man asked, hoseok muffled a laugh as the boy shook his head, "yeah... i can tell, c'mon namjoon, you're better than this" the man sighed as he typed something, "i'll have you in thicker rubber bands, monitor progress, and then see if i can lower how thick they are. you've added around 3 months to your treatment, let's just wear the rubber bands, okay? if not, then the springs will be put on, same effect as the rubber bands, just in your mouth all the time"

namjoon pouted, not liking the sound of that.

-

"namjoon, can you please wear your rubber bands? sex with metal chunks in your mouth doesn't sound like fun" hoseok said, snacking on some chips he had in the car, "are you seriously asking me to wear my rubber bands so sex is fun?"

hoseok nodded, "why else?" he shrugged, stopping at a red light and turning to face namjoon, "fine fine" namjoon smiled, revealing the lavender color on his teeth, "jokes aside, this is stupid and im upset, and my mouth is already hurting"

hoseok hummed, "well, i told you not to do this but you said you wanted to have a professional smile for law, whatever that's supposed to mean" he scoffed, he grabbed chapstick from a cup holder he had in his car, "put this on, i'll drive us to the pharmacy because i'm nice"

-

"i got an email from the agency" yoongi said, leaning his head on taehyung's shoulder, "about what?"

"they said that since we're registered as foster to adopt, we could start proceedings to adopt ji-ho since he's up for adoption" yoongi said, the boy hummed, "that sounds good, we should probably ask him first" the boy said, yoongi nodded.

"i wish namjoon was a lawyer already so we could hire him" taehyung scoffed, "ji-ho would be almost an adult by then" yoongi laughed.

-

"look at these thick ass rubber bands, i'm not wearing that" namjoon scoffed, flinging one at hoseok, "ow! it's not my fault!" he winced, "please joon, put them in so sex is easy"

namjoon laughed, he took the white rubber bands and put them on the hooks, his jaw instantly tensing. he saw hoseok smile which made him happy.

"this sucks" he said, "too bad, springs suck more" hoseok kissed the boy's cheeks.

-

when ji-ho came back from school, they seated him at the kitchen table and sat across him, "why are you guys acting like this?" he nervously laughed, taehyung and yoongi smiled.

"so, we wanted to talk with you. we got an email from the agency that says we're allowed to proceed with adopting you because we're fostering to adopt. before we proceed, we wanted to ask you if that's what you want" taehyung said, the boy's eyes lit up, "you would be willing to do that?"

the boy's nodded, "mhm, if that's what you want and agree to" yoongi said, a smile on his face, "i agree" he smiled, the boy's pulled in ji-ho for a hug.