Birthday

It was dark as I heard a voice. I lightly opened my eyes only to find Camilla standing with Cake with candles in her hands along with Ash infront of me.

I rubbed sleep from my eyes and got up to switch on the light. When the light turned on I noticed Camilla was in her nightgown, a sheer white nightgown and I had to avert my eyes to Ash who was grinning happily. Confused I looked at Camilla for an answer and she answered me.

"It's our Ash's birthday, today. And we are here to celebrate."

A smile formed on my lips as I turned towards Ash picking him up on the bed.

"Happy birthday"

I beamed and he gave me his smiling eyes just like his father and I was reminded of that photo, the first picture when I saw Ashton smiling.

"Let's cut the cake."

I said, glad to be the part of this celebration. Camilla put the cake on my bed and it said

"Happy birthday Ashton"

In which 'Ash' was little more highlighted. I looked towards Camilla but Ash replied.

"Daddy and I share the same birthday. And we share a cake too."

He beamed at me and I replied as

"Oh"

I couldn't understand what Camilla's emotion would be right now, to laugh and be happy as it is her son's birthday or to cry because its her dead husband's birthday.

Hell, I can't even figure out my own emotions, how would I figure others?
Camilla sat in front of me and handed a knife to Ash who was sitting beside me. He accepted it and expectedly looked at me. Why is he looking at me like that?

I turned my attention to Camilla to ask but I heard Ashton's voice.

"Help me cut the cake, yeah. Dad."

I snapped my head at the words "Dad".

" Hey, can you call me something else. I am really not comfortable being called 'Dad', yet"

I rubbed my neck in embarrassment. Then I heard him say again.

"Help me cut the cake, yeah. Bro."

"You are not Ashton's kid, are you?"

I squinted my eyes at him.

"No, he is my kid. Kudos to my child for being like this"

Said Camilla looking happier than ever. Then they both high-fived and I hated it.

"Well, can you please cut the cake."

I said annoyed.

"Well,can you please help me."

Camilla chuckled. Ugh, I hate these two.

I grabbed his hand tightly and practically stabbed the cake.
Camilla laughed once again. Isn't she too much happy.

"Lady, haven't you laughed enough. Save it for the rest for the month."

Then I proceeded to cut the slice and carefully took it out. Camilla sang 'Happy birthday to you' merrily. Ash gave the first bite to Camilla and then to me. I smiled eating it.

After the cake cutting was done, Camilla held the cake in one hand and took Ash's hand in other and said goodnight to me as they left the room.
........

Camilla.

I put Ash to sleep and marched to my side of bed entering the covers, when my necklace fell from my neck. I touched my neck and noticed, the necklace on the bed, the same necklace that Ivan gave me years ago. I grabbed the necklace wearing it once again and drifted into sleep.