Mysteries of Past

My gaze immediately turned to the the man that had just entered the courtroom.

The man who has promised to protect me all my life was going to ruin my life. The person who I had loved the most, hates me with the same passion.

I had decided to fight all the monsters in my way to my child but how am I supposed to fight the angel who saved my life?

I would have believed everything but not the fact that I will see him standing amongst the betrayers, today.

I looked at Ivan with tears in my eyes, who was sitting patiently waiting for the cross-examination.

"So, Mr. Lockwood, what is your relationship with Mrs. Brown?"

"I am currently her husband."

"What was your relationship with her in the highschool?"

"I was her boyfriend, back then."

"Can I ask what took you 7 years to proceed your marriage without any contact with your girlfriend?"

"We broke up in highschool, and now it is an arrange marriage"

"Why did two broke up?"

"She cheated on me with Mr. Calloway's son  and stole my project which I sent her in our conversation."

Shock was the only expression on my face. How could he........how could he lie like that. I stole his project? What kind of project? I have never talked to him about any project and cheating? I broke up with him and he calls it cheating.

I almost forgot Ivan lockwood that you are a businessman who only know how to make deals.

My hands started trembling due to nervousness.

"Objection relevance. Mrs. Brown's romantic affairs has nothing to do with having a child in her custody."

I heard Erika say.

"It surely is."

Mr. Calloway's lawyer interrupted.

"First of all, it describes how bad influence she can be on her child. And second it erases the happy family picture on our minds which Mrs. Brown has created because even her husband is against her."

"I will submit the proof"

My mind went blank after that. I couldn't process what was happening? I surely heard Erika was saying something and the Judge was also but I couldn't retain anything. I felt a gentle tug at my sleeves and my attention diverted to Erika who was standing next to my seat gesturing us to leave the courtroom.

I looked around to find everyone leaving. Today's trial must have ended I thought. I took Erika's hand to leave the court. I felt like I really had no strength and just kept walking as Erika led me to the car.

Sitting in the car I tried to compose myself but I couldn't. I broke down in tears. After all these years,once again fear surrounded my cloudy mind. I was going to loose him again. I was going to loose my Ash once again.

Ivan

Just as I sat in my car a punch on my face startled me. I turned around to find Jason with an angry expression on his face.

"How could you do that? You are trying to seperate a child from his mother? Even though you know how disgusting Mr. Calloway's personality is."

"Are you dumb? Do you really think I would do that?"

I said rubbing my face.

"Yes, you would, 'cause you are an asshole"

"Well, I am not and now before hitting me listen to my plan"

"And what is it?"

"When I was in the graveyard, I got a message saying that someone wants to meet me regarding my 'Blue Waves' project that got stolen. I got really baffled at this message and messaged back  that what the person wants in exchange? And who he really was?

Then I got the message saying that he is the assistant of Mr. Calloway and he wants me to testify as a witness in the case and he would give all the credits and ownership to the project that I have always wanted ."

"And you believed that?"

"No, I didn't. But the idea of meeting him tempted me to know what was the case. So I went to meet him. "

I entered the office building to meet Mr. Calloway as directed. And knocked on the office door.

"Come in"

A voice came from inside. I entered the cabin to find Mr. Calloway sitting.

"Ivan, I am so happy to see you after so many years. You became businessman at the end."

I nodded with a sly smirk and sat on the chair in front of him.

"Let's discuss the details of the deal,shall we?

I said.

" A true businessman huh."

He retorted and started telling me all the details of the deal.

"And for the advance to tempt you, I will give you the source of information of your project."

He tossed me Camilla's old phone. Which showed the chat between me and Camilla.

There was something that felt odd. Even if Camilla wanted to tell him. Why would she give the whole phone instead of just sending the chat to him?

And then I was reminded that Camilla never used this phone after the day I sent her the chat. She had told me she lost her phone.

And second of all even if she stole the idea why would she tell it to man who brought her from her own father.

I was reminded of the cctv footage we saw of the day Camilla was found surrounded by fire. I knew about it but never asked to make her uncomfortable.

And then the thought struck me, Camilla never stole my project, Mr Calloway did.

"And what are you planning now"

Jason asked.

A smirk occupied my face.

"First of all, I will pretend that I am with him so he doesn't tries to plan something else and then I will slowly have the ownership of my project back. And at the next trial I will submit the cctv footage as the proof and we will win the case."

I looked at Jason and wiggled my eyebrows as he stared at me with pure shock.

"You are truly my best friend"

He said patting my shoulder,chuckling.

Erika

After dropping Camilla at her house,I was driving to hospital to see dad. She got a really twisted fate to her pure heart. If I had ever felt really bad for someone then it definitely would be Camilla. She was going through so much and there was no one to save her.

I was lost in my trail of thoughts when suddenly a car blocked the path, I lost my balance trying not to crash with car and then kept loosing my balance and then everything went ....blank.