Wait

Camilla

I looked at the keys in my hands as I fiddled with them, unable to think of anything. Just anything, I wanted to think of just anything. The door I was standing in front of reminded of so many memories and so much sadness.

A pat on my shoulders broke me out of my trance of thoughts. I turned to look at Ivan.

"Will you go in alone? Do you want me to accompany you?"

I gave him a small some

"I can do it."

"Then I will wait at the other side of the road with the car. Once you collect all your possessions of yours. Come out."

He said walking towards the car as I unlocked the door, entering the house. A huge lump started forming in my throat. Biting my lip and blinking my eyes I tried hard not to cry.

No, I won't cry. I have cried enough. He would never like that. Especially a place where his memories reside I will not cry.

Walking to my room my hands automatically unlocked the door as my eyes stopped wandering and got stuck on his picture, his smiling face. This smile that I always longed for.

I walked over that picture and touched it. Warmth spread to my heart and I smiled at the picture with glistening eyes.

" I hope you are happy in a forever home. I am also trying to be happy. I don't know what your thoughts would be but I have decided to give my first love a second chance. I know you always wanted me to do that. How you urged to me  to do that every now and then. To find love and to be happy even after you found your forever home. Back then I had no strength of doing that and I declined you each and every time.

At this moment I can't help but feel those strong beats of my heart again."

I took off the picture from the wall putting it aside to pack it in my suitcase.
............

I looked around at the empty house now. Which will soon be turned into an orphanage. To those children who never had a family, this place will create the family for them. The family which Ashton longed for and he wished no one else have to long for a family like he did.

I accidentally stumbled upon a small box, noticing it, I picked it up and opened it. My heart clenched at the sight. His letter for me. His last letter for me that I have procrastinated to read. Sighing I finally decided to read it. I unfolded the paper

"Love,
I hope you are happy today, were happy yesterday and will be happy tomorrow. I am right now being bored because you are not here. The white ceiling gives me headache. I only like the blue one of our house. The smell of chemicals irritate me,I only like the aroma of food items in our house.

Love,
Please wipe your tears, because I am not there to wipe them.
Today I will tell you a secret. Please promise me you won't hate me for it.

Today in this hospital room, I thought of Ivan and a feeling of guilt filled my heart. Do you want to know why? Let me tell you.

You always told me that I am such a good person because I still supported Ivan even after he did all that to me. But I guess I am not, I am not that sort of person you thought I was.

After you broke up with Ivan. Ivan came at the building exactly two days later to meet you but you were not there. I went down in rage as I remembered your tears due to being insulted and bullied all to flatter Ivan.

As I went up to him and told him not to approach you, he reminded me of something that I never wanted to be reminded about. He told me, "Don't act so protective over her, she is not yours right now. She loves me Ashton, she loves me. The day I apologize to her and take her care a little more harder, she will come back to me. I will wait here for her "

And he waited, he waited for so long. He came everyday, to wait for you to show up in front of the apartment. He waited in sunshine, he waited in the rain and he waited in the snow. You remember right? You used to look outside the window and asked me who the person was who stood in the rain. That was Ivan who waited for you to go down and tell him to stop waiting. You remember right? How many times I told you to not to go out at that time.He only stopped waiting at the time dad launched a project and after that I never saw him.

I was scared Camilla, scared that he was right, scared that you would go back to him. Those days when I could call you mine, I longed for that more and more. For you to be always mine I wished for that more and more.

But all these years when you cried secretly looking at your highschool pictures, when news of his business made you blink your eyes. I realised that you never stopped loving him.

My last wish that I ask from you is stop his wait. To tell him that you are with him till the end.

And always remember no matter what I love you and my baby.

Take care love.

Ivan

I noticed Ashton leaving the apartment with an umbrella in his hands. He worriedly walked towards me

"Take these and please go home. You'll catch a cold"

He told me but I scoffed.

"I will only leave when Camilla will be by my side"

"Please leave she won't come."

"She will and I will wait"

After trying so hard to convince me, he left.

And I focused my attention on the door.

  I know one day when I would lift my eyelids, she will walk out of that door towards me.

I lifted my eyelids to find Camilla walking out of the door towards me.

Her pace got faster and faster as she approached me and all of a sudden she embraced me.

I was startled at first but hugged her back.

"Did you wait for long"

"It's never long when it comes to you"