Indefinite emotions

"Mom"

I was beyond shocked. The doctor checking Ashton was my mom who had died when I was 10. My breathing was heavy as I continued to look at her face.Tears streaming down my face.

She stood up from her seat approaching me. Her hands moved toward me to touch my face. But I moved my face to other side.

"Cami" she whispered.

I turned around and ran outside. Tears streaming down my face. I sat on the grass. My knees against my chest, sobbing heavily.

No way this can be possible. She was dead. She left me. She can't appear like that.

No, never.

I heard footsteps and got up to exit, I don't want to believe it. It is just a dream, I will open my eyes and this delusion will disappear. I used to do this as a child also, open my eyes and forgot what happened when eyes were closed.

The footsteps started coming closer, I hurriedly tried to leave when a pair of arms were wrapped around my waist

Ashton

I was having my regular checkup when I heard Camilla's voice.

"Ashton"

She called. Her voice made my doctor turn around.
As she turned towards Camilla, Camilla's eyes widened. Why?

I averted my glance to notice Miss.Weston, her face had an expression of pure shock. She stood up from her chair on her trembling legs. Camilla's eyes were filled with tears. My confusion kept increasing. What was going on?

Before I could ask, Miss. Weston tried to hold Camilla's face, to which she averted her face. More tears streaming down from both of their eyes.

I noticed Camilla taking a deep sigh before she started running outside. I panicked when Miss. Weston fell on the couch with a loud thud.

I hurriedly held her body.

"What happened"

I asked.

" Stop her. Please"

She asked panicked, pushing me to chase after Camilla. I ran outside to find Camilla leaving by the main gate.

I wrapped my arms around her waist to sto her. She stopped and sighed. She turned around in my arms. Her beautiful eyes red from tears. Her face looking so vulnerable.

Wrapping her own arms around my waist she leaned her head on my chest, crying. My lips quivered. I should say something comforting. But I couldn't, I just held her while she cried.

Roughly after fifteen minutes she looked up at me. Her face had dried tears. She let go of my waist and sighed.

"Sorry"

She whispered. Pointing at the wet part of my shirt.

"Its ok"

I assured.

" Can I ask you about earlier"

I asked. I wanted to make sure she is comfortable. She doesn't need to tell me. I am just a stranger she talks to. Nothing else. That is why I was surprised when she nodded in approval.

"She is my mom."

"Huh"

I exclaimed.