Reunion

Ivan.

Laughter boomed in the hall, a content feel in the air. My eyes roamed around the faces, these faces that gave me so many emotions.Maybe this would be the last time with all these together,maybe this is just a random stop in journey of life. My eyes landed on Camilla, she looked so strange,strange yet familiar,familiar yet strange. A warm feeling erupted in my chest, a lump in my throat, tingles in my fingers as my eyes landed on her, so good at acting she is. This face which was smiling right now held so much coldness hours ago. 

She has done this her whole life, in high school too, behind her doe eyes and adorable actions hid a broken soul and a scarred body. My eyes then landed on Ash, who was smiling looking at his mother's smile. 

He grew up before time, never complaining about anything, born to a father who couldn't stay with him, the child is still holding onto him, never complaining about his mother's  absence in his life, just appreciating what he got.

A hand on my shoulder startled me,turning around I noticed Ethan looking at me with sympathy, like broken out of a spell, my skin recognised a trail of liquid seeping through my eyes leaving a cooling sensation behind.

Lifting my hand I wiped my tears, smiling at him, relieved that no one noticed. Just then my eyes connected with Camilla's, her eyes held so many emotions my hazy mind filled with guilt couldn't recognise.

She approached me sitting beside me and I shifted a little to maintain distance. My heart hammering in my chest. This body that had craved her attention and  now is repelling like she was burning.

I knew this feeling. In my childhood when I lost my car I searched for it all day, and then my mind settled down that I lost it.I realised how precious it was, I realised I loved it and blamed myself for loosing it.

For me, it was my fault to have it. It was so precious, someone else deserved it more. Finding it once again was overwhelming but I never touched it again, maybe because I realised that I wasn't worth it or maybe because it was too precious to be touched. 

That feeling returned. A wall of deja vu covering my surrounding,I shifted a little more. This feeling made me realise I still loved Camilla, never stopped it, but I am not worth it.

"So, is the deal final? Now your new lawyer is Ethan right?"

Jason asked.

Camilla nodded. But Erika looked bewildered.

"No, I am her lawyer and she doesn't need another one."

Erika pouted.

"Don't you understand your life is in danger. Do you feel good about it"

Jason asked in a firm voice, anger laced in his words.

"Oh, that would be better if my life will be in danger, right."

Everyone turned to look at Ethan who was standing raising an eyebrow. Cocky much.

"Well, that would be a better revenge for posting my best friend's inappropriate pictures."

Jason said leaning his back against leaning to the couch.  And Camilla immediately started laughing.

"Well, that was one of the beeeeeeest picture I have seen in my whole life."

She said wiggling her eyebrows at me.
And a smile appeared on my lips.

A confused voice broke my trance.

"What picture??"

Erika said glancing around the whole room.

"Yes, what picture?"