Feelings

Ivan

"Are you my dad?"

I turned around to look at Ash and Camilla, who was looking at him, bewildered.

"Ash what do you mean? You already know who your dad is."

Camilla said.

Ash looked at Camilla with his doe eyes and sighed.

"Mom, c'mon. Its not a drama. I asked this because he is supposed to my step-dad cause he is legally married to you."

He explained and Camilla rolled her eye.

"Don't mind my mom. She just get hyper sometimes, Mr. Lockwood."

He reasoned and I looked at Camilla with a smirk.

"Are you sure you are seven?"

Camilla said glaring at Ash and a chukle escaped my lips.

"Yes I am. And you were supposed to know that better than me."

This time I laughed a little. This child is just like his mom, she used to act like 7 when she was  18 and he acts like 18 when he is 7. They don't how to act their age.

"Ok, Mr. Genius. Let's get you to bed."

She said picking him up and walking up to her room. I also walked up to my room to have some sleep.

As I came out from the shower I could hear giggles coming out of the adjacent room and I didn't know why but it warmed my heart.

From all these years when I lived alone in this house reminiscing memories of heartbreak.  This house just felt like a structure made of bricks. But now suddenly a child's giggles have changed it into a home. A home with a family and a family with warm emotions. I have always wished that.

But then Ashton has fulfilled my this dream giving me the right to be Ash's father. Thinking about Ashton, a thought occured me.
Was he really the type of person I assumed him to me?
A betrayer, a rude and cruel man..or a vulnerable person.

A person who in his last times always wanted good for others, a person who has no grudges against me, a person who regarded him as betrayer without any reason.

A person who wanted her wife to reconcile to her first lover.

Suddenly the words in the letter rang in my mind.

Camilla loves you, I can see it. For all these years I had tried to ignore it. But nowadays, when I only have rewinded memories of past,I was reminded of you.

If Camilla was so obvious that she loved me, even her husband observed  this,then why did she cheat on me. Is there something that I am missing?

These questions tired my mind and I fell into deep slumber.

Camilla

Sitting on the bed after making Ash sleep, I reminisced today's memories.

The incident in court appearing in front of my eyes, Ivan's hatred towards me felt unbelievable to me. Did he really hated me so much, that he would cooperate with Mr Calloway, the person who betrayed his father?

Did he hate me so much that he started framing lies to make me a characterless woman who cheats on her partner?

Something in my mind refuses to believe that Ivan would do such thing.
But heartbreak can change personalities, I argued.

Did my breakup broke him so much that his whole persona changed ?

Another memory popped in my mind of Jason. His behaviour towards me, just because I broke up with Ivan makes me feel discriminated. All those times when Jason considered me to be his sister. Was it so much hard for him to understand his sister's side too.

My eyes averted to the sleeping Ash beside me. All those hatred and struggle I am facing right now still is not capable of making me regret the decision I made.
....................

Camilla

I was making pancakes looking at Ash and Ivan who was trying to solve a rubik's cube in front of him to look cool and is now stuck.

I served the pancakes at the table and Ivan sighed in relief that he was not going to face humiliation in front of a child anymore.

I served pancakes on the table glaring at Ashton who has now made a mess of dining table by making Ash play with her cutlery.

"Ashton, stop it"

He turned around to look and slowly sat on the chair with Ash in his lap.

"Are you a child, when will you stop being chaotic."

I yelled for almost 5 minutes but found him smiling at me.

"What!"
I scolded him.

"I love it Camilla, I just love it. This atmosphere, your this sweet scolding, my baby's sweet smiles, I just love this home"

"I love that I can be chaotic and will not be called useless but a child. I love that I can take insults playfully. Now, even if I die I won't have regrets. I got my last wish. I can die peacefully now"

I hit him hard on his shoulder, trying to stop my tears from falling.

"Why would you talk about dying, you will live long"

He just smiled holding my hand and holding Ash's hand in another.

"I will baby, in these two hearts, I will be alive forever..forever"

I wiped a lone tear from my cheek.

"Ash, finish your breakfast. Granny will be coming soon, I have to attend an important meeting ."

Ash ran towards me to give me the goodbye hug and I left.

Ivan

I was having breakfast with Ash and to say that he was a very smart child would never be an exaggeration. The way he talk gives me vibes of old monk preaches. However, the preaches are not useful ones and then he  goes on preaching again

"You should never wear a white shirt while eating ice cream, because it will melt and the shirt will be stained. Understood?"

He said glancing at me and I nodded in agreement.

"Yes sir, understood."

After we finished breakfast, I  waited for some more time for Camilla's mom to arrive.Although there are bodyguards but I still can't leave him alone.

"Can I have some books to study"

Ash asked and I nodded heading towards the library. I have always kept all my textbooks of all classes in that library.

As I tried to find some books for his grade, a book fell upon me. I saw it was a book from my highschool but what catched my attention was a page sticking out of the book. I pulled it out and opened it. It looked like a letter

I opened it and to my surprise it was Camilla's handwriting.

Dear Ivan .