Someone strange

Ivan and Camilla looked at the man in admiration. The melody so relieving that they didn't notice when the song ended.

Camilla looked at the man awestruck, she was always a music lover. The man had worn a white suit and a black shirt. His hair styled and his demeanor seemed to be calm as he proceeded to get up and turned around.

Ivan smiled at him and he returned the gesture. Ivan turned his attention towards her and introduced the man.

Ivan: Camilla, he is our business partner's son, Ashton.

Camilla smiled at him, he smiled in return.

Ashton: Have a very happy birthday Ivan. Enjoy.

He smiled.

Ashton: Excuse me.

He said before leaving the place, his gaze lingering a bit long on Camilla.

As he left Camilla turned to look at Ivan who held an impassive face.

Camilla: Is he very close to you?

Ivan: Well, No? Why??

Camilla: I...uhm..actually wanted to learn piano, so maybe....umm..you could talk to him.

She said fidgeting with her fingers. She had never told anyone about her love towards music as it could disappoint her parents. They only want her to focus on her studies.

She was also nervous to ask for a favour when she just met Ivan.

Ivan caught the nervousness in her tone and assured

Ivan: I can and I will.

He smiled.
She smiled too.

Their fate remained melancholic.

........................................................................

Before Camilla could proceed a voice spoke

Jason: About whom?

She turned to look at Jason who raised a brow on her.
His demeanour screamed cold.

She was reminded of her school days. He was the cheerful party guy loved by every girl on the campus. He was his stress reliever of Ivan and the one and only protective friend over him. He was damn protective and he still is hella protective.

She knows he hates this wedding and always will. The hatred is clear in his eyes now.

Jason: I fucking asked you a question

He practically growled.

Camilla: And I am not obliged to answer that question.

She cocked an eyebrow crossing her arms over her chest. Jason scoffed and inched closer to her with a threatening look.

Jason: Listen. Bitch if you hurt him again I will make you suffer to a limit, where you will even beg for death.

Camilla: Listen. Dog, if you talk this way to Camilla Brown in the business world then I will ruin you to a limit that you will not even be able to beg for death.

He rolled his eyes and she turned around to face Mr. Smith.

Camilla: We will talk in my office.

Mr Smith nodded and left.

She turned around and walked past a furious Jason. She entered the house and went upstairs to the bedroom and locked the door. She felt tears occupying her eyes due to her behaviour toward Jasonn. Her heart felt heavy due to the guilt of her words.

Jason was like a brother to her, protective and a little bit childish. He always used to spoil her during her school days. She had never imagined a interaction of this kind even in her dreams. But her dreams don't change into reality.

Jason stood there in the parking lot and a heavy heart and a gift in his hands. The gift he brought in the happiness of a marriage that he always hoped for.
A gift for the female he sometimes used to cherish the most. He assumed all the problems were solved, all the conflicts were resolved, and all the secrets were told. This was the happy ending they deserved. He never wished the events to turn out like this. But wishes never make a reality.

2 hours later.

It was past midnight and all the guests had left. Leaving a tired Camilla and Ivan in the bungalow. They reached the shower to freshen up.

Ivan entered the washroom and felt warm water rinse his tired body. This week was very long for him. God knows how many times he wished to wake up from his dream. And to find a shy Camilla sitting in the library beside him.

He was deep in his thoughts when he heard a scream from Camilla's room. He rushed just draping a bathrobe over his naked body. Entering the room he found the washroom door open and Camilla sitting on the bathroom floor holding her ankle with a pained expression.

"Oh! So she has sprained her ankle". He thought. But he couldn't help but notice the collarbones of her body which were only draped in a towel. Her legs seem to grow even longer and she looked a little more mature and a more beautiful version of the Camilla he knew. Not want to continue his ogling. He stepped further into the washroom. The sound of his steps made Camilla notice his presence. She lifted her eyes only to see him in a sexy bathrobe and wet hair and chest exposed, the toned muscles peeking out.

Ivan: What happened? He asked. His tone laced with worry

Camilla: I fell. She mumbled.

Ivan lowered himself down and lifted her. Camilla didn't interrupt because she knew that taking his help is better rather than sitting on the cold washroom floor.

He laid her on the bed and opened the bedside drawer. He took out the pain relief cream.

Holding her ankle, he gently applied the cream.
While he was applying it, Camilla admired him.
His jawline, his very prominent Adam's apple, his veiny hands, and his eyes....he looked and she averted her eyes away embarrassed that she was caught staring.

Ivan just smirked and stood up.
He walked towards the closet and took out a blanket.

Camilla eyed it warily.

Ivan: Want to pee on the bed when needed to go to the washroom?

Camilla:WHAT!!

Ivan: I mean you can't walk right now. Can you?

She huffed but soon widened her eyes realising he was going to sleep with her.

Camilla: Don't you dare.

Ivan: I would rather get stabbed than sleep with a person like you.

A look of hurt flashed on Camilla's face before it turned blank, a skill she mastered over the years.

Ivan lay on the couch and Camilla turned off the lights.

An unusual feeling graced the cou and an unusual star shined in the sky.

Ivan was half asleep when he heard some mumbling sounds, opening his sleepy eyes. He saw Camilla mumbling.

"Don't take him from me".

Tears were streaming down her face and her breathing was heavy. Panicked Ivan climbed on the bed, only to be pulled towards Camila. She held his body tighter urging him not to leave her. Ivan couldn't see her like this and held her body even tighter in response.

His heart started palpitating, she was close to him after so many years. He, at this moment, just wanted nothing else than to kiss her and admire her but the betrayal he got from her, was too much to forget.

Her breathing became normal and they both slept in each other arms.

Camilla opened her eyes due to the sun shining brightly in the room. She felt a heavy weight on her waist and tiredly looked around only to find Ivan tightly entangled to her, in response her eyes widened.