The talk.

Ivan.

Ethan smiled looking at us.

"You know, what's the most crucial thing you two need to do right now.

    'Talk'."

Both of us glared at him, what is he talking about.No way, I am talking to Camilla. It's embarrassing and awkward.

"I have work to do"

Camilla said turning around to leave but he held her hand.

"Camilla, we need to be in a team to win this case. We need to share details. Plus Ivan is currently acting to be on Mr Calloway's side, so he may share something crucial. You two need to clear everything out"

I gulped a lump in my throat. She doesn't even want to talk to me.

"Fine"

She said sitting in front of me. Ethan left the cafe and I noticed all the workers did too.

Now there were only two people in the cafe, Ivan and  Camilla.

She was looking down at the table not uttering a single word. After so many years I saw her without hate in my eyes. Just sympathy, because love probably doesn't exist between us now, probably....

Another minute passed in silence and I couldn't control.

"I saw your letter today"

"What letter?"

She asked confused.

"The letter you wrote me for breakup, I found it today"

"What do you mean"

"I prepared for our 2nd semester exam from Jason's books and hence didn't use mine. The letter you kept in it concerning our breakup, I found it today accidentally"

"That means all this time....

She trailed.

" Yes, all this time I believed you were cheating on me with Ashton, that is why I hated you and Ashton "

She chuckled.

"What a nice reason to hate someone. You think your girlfriend is cheating on you with someone and you start hating on that someone"

Her eyes had a hint of tears.

"You started making rumours about him, saying he might have blackmailed me into dating him. Wow, just wow, Mr lockwood"

She continued tears dripping down her chin. I just hung my head low in shame and muttered

"I am sorry."

"You humiliated him everytime he came to support you, calling him a betrayer but he still believed in you that you would have  never said bad things about me."

I felt a fist on my chest,

"I am sorry"

I muttered once again.

"You talked so much shit about him.in business parties that he was ashamed to even show up there."

"I am sorry."

"You destroyed his career and reputation as an artist and he was never able to release his songs"

"Sorry"

I squeezed tears out of my eyes and bit my lower lip hard. I am terrible person.

Silence. Only thing that occupied us now  was silence.

"Sor..sorry"

I said between my hiccups, my head still hung low. I had no strength to look in her eyes.

Silence. Still silence. Utter silence. A few minutes passed and my neck started to hurt from being in that same position but I still didn't got courage to change it.

I kept my eyes closed when a warm hug engulfed me. I was shocked to say the least to notice Camilla hugging me.

"Why are you muttering sorry over and over again, when nothing of them was done by you?"

I heard her say, I knew it. I did none of them. But someone did. And he did it because of me. To please me, to flatter me and this was all directly/indirectly because of me.

I could have stopped it, Hell I should've stopped it.

"I know Ivan that you would never try to hurt someone, I know it, at least."

She sighed leaving me, holding my chin up.

"Forget about it, Ivan. It's all past, Let's keep it in the past."

I looked at her surprised

"You will forgive me this easily."

She smiled with her tear-stained face.

"Living with Ashton had made me realise, I will gain nothing from hatred. And besides you did nothing wrong, you were heartbroken because you love me........or maybe not."

The look on her face almost confused me. Did she want me to love her or not?

She looked away and then continued

"Let's go home and discuss about the case"

I nodded getting up when she extended her hand forward. I looked at her, confused.

"Friends", she asked.

I felt an awkwardness settle in air. I didn't wanted to be friends with her, I suddenly realised it. When she married me, I almost had wished that the rumours were true and she is finally free of that rude,cold man and she finally will be mine.

I don't know why that thought crossed my mind once again in an altered version. Now, that she is finally single, I wish her to be mine once again.

" I don't want to be your friend"

I declared walking past her.

"I feel insulted"

I heard her as she started following me.
........

We entered the house only to find everyone gathered in my hall and settled on the couch, sofas,.

Erika, Erika's dad,Erika's sister,Erika's ex fiance Jason, Jason's brother, Camilla's mom, Camilla's son and my brother.

Everyone looked at us with raised eyebrows obviously demanding result of our "talk".

" Everything went well"

I assured them settling myself on couch.

"Really, after 7 years of pent up hatred and anger and what not, everything went well! I thought there would be a WWE fight."

Jason exclaimed.

"We are not kids Jason and we definitely are not you."

I said.

Jason stood up approaching Camilla and hugged her as we all looked at him shocked. Camilla was shocked as well to say.

"Sorry"
He said meekly leaving her.

"Come again"

"Sorry"
He said a little louder.

"What"

"SORRY"

He yelled and laughter boomed in the hall.

~~~~~~

"Look at the kid's picture. He is 7 years old. You have to kidnap him"