Guilt and responsibility

Camilla

Mr. Calloway: You have very beautiful daughters ,hope you stay alive to see their weddings.

Mr. Smith and I looked at the man confused.

He smirked holding on ipad showing a cctv recording.

The camera showed Lily in a Cafe with a sniper behind. The sniper aimed his gun at Lily. 
My eyes widened.

Suddenly the video changed showing Erika in her cabin with a man holding a knife behind her.

Sweat beads started forming on Mr. Smith's forehead. His breathing becoming erratic. I held his body.
He was a heart patient, if something happens, I won't be able to forgive myself.

"No, leave my daughters alone."

He choked on his own words. I panicked.

"What the heck are you doing."

I yelled. My mind couldn't process anything. Were Erika and Lily in danger? Erika and Lily are sisters? How does Lily and Ivan know each other?

"Hmmm....Let's start with the older one."

Mr. Calloway said smirking.

My eyes widened. I glanced at the ipad.

The man with knife came closer to Erika aiming the knife at her neck. My hands started sweating. Mr. Smith was almost loosing his consciousness constantly repeating the same word.

"No!"

The screen suddenly got black and I heard Erika's scream. Goosebumps rose on my skin. But what startled me more was that Mr. Smith fainted .
I panicked.

"Mr. Smith, Mr. Smith."

I yelled with tears in my eyes.

"Oh! So sad. Should I call that white van"

I heard Mr Calloway's voice.

"Or..Should I not"

I heard him leave.

My hands started shaking, sweat beads forming. I immediately called
ambulance.

Erika

I was in my office looking at some papers. Tomorrow was Camilla's case trial and dad has asked me to help him with the papers. I was determined to help her.

I concentrated all my mind on the papers when suddenly a stream of hot coffee fell on them. I screamed in high pitch.

I immediately turned around to find the waiter of nearby cafe  standing there with a panicked face.

"I-I am really sorry ma'am."

He said with shivering voice.

"Its okay."

I assured and left to washroom to clean up.
.............

I returned from the  washroom when my phone started ringing. Picking up the phone I said

"Hello?"

Camilla

I was at the hospital waiting for Erika to arrive. My breathing heavy and tears constantly pouring out of my eyes.

I should have known that, that asshole would definitely do something. Why didn't I think of it? When did I become so selfish?

I heard someone's fast paced footsteps and I  turned  around to find Erika. She approached me and asked

"Where is dad?"

I pointed to the room in front of us. We both entered in a hurry. Erika's eyes filled with tears. She took slow steps towards her father, her hands shivering.

She sat on the stool next to the bed, held his hand.

"Dad"

She said and then broke into tears. I couldn't take it all, I left the room. I walked absentmindedly towards my car. Sitting in the car, I told the driver to drive to the house when I  noticed a notification popped on my phone's screen.

"I love you to the moon and back, momma"
          -Ash

I smiled. My walpaper was just as beautiful as the message, my baby, my Ash.

His this pretty face has made me selfish. But I can't risk lives for this selfishness.

But don't worry baby I will find other ways for us to stay together.

The car stopped, I noticed that it was pouring and we were stuck in traffic. Glancing outside the window my gaze fell on a bunch of red roses.

The fragrance of roses and rain combined. The most beautiful fragrance of all the time.

I glanced at the window, it was pouring. I looked at the flowers in the garden looking so beautiful  with  raindrops on their petals. The smell of rain so hypnotising.

I was lost in my trail of thoughts of nature's beauty when I experienced a pair of arms wrapped around my waist.

Not so shocked I turned around to find very expected Ashton.

"Why aren't you surprised?"

He pouted.

I turned around and made a startled expression and then looked at him. My eyes widened

"Oh my Ashton!!!! You were there. I was so surprised. Never do this again to me. "

He looked at me with a sulky expression.

"You are such a meanie Cam."

I looked at him with a blank expression.

"At this point I am expecting you to call me Camera and I won't even be surprised."

He giggled. From his back he took out the red rose, he was holding.

"A rose for my rose like wife."

I looked at him with a blank face.

"Gosh, you are so cheesy sometimes. "

He kissed my cheek

"And you love it."

Facts. I thought.

"Oh whatever."

I shrugged.

And then he made me turn around by holding me by my waist.

"Thank you, for giving me the opportunity to be cheesy. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to find the rain romantic not sad. Thank you for making this empty house a home."

I gave him opportunity to find rain romantic and he made the whole concept of rain sad for me.
Bastard!

Ivan

My eyes filled with tears, tears of guilt.

I hated Ashton but he remembered me  even in his last moments of life.
A long sigh left my lips and I sat on the couch.

My mind became alert at the thought of the letter. Ashton has given me such a big responsibility. He has given me his most precious treasure, his baby.

No matter how much I hate Camilla or how much I don't care about Ashton. But a child should never be deprived of his  parents.

Okay. I am determined I will make Ashton's last will fulfil. I will be Ashton's child's father.

"Are you okay?"

Jason asked me placing a hand on my shoulder.

I nodded. I was okay. I had to be okay.

"Do you want to accompany me?"

Camilla's mom asked.

I looked at her confused.

"Where?"

I asked.

"To Ashton's grave "

She replied.

"I usually visit  him. He had always wanted to meet you. Maybe his wish can be fulfilled now."

I nodded. I would accompany her.