Said it

"I love you"

Ivan looked down at Camilla with a shocked expression. His heart hammering in his chest. She lifted her head to look at him and giggled and whispered again

" I love you because you wrote me such a nice note. Or should I say.....I love you because you invited me to the party"

Lies

She smiled teasingly.
He smiled too with relief.

Ivan held her hand and whispered
"Follow me"

She did as told. Both of them walked in comfortable silence through the corridor and went upstairs. Ivan unlocked a room and let her enter. He entered after she locked the door.

Camilla's eyes travelled around the room to find beautiful paintings on them. The painting looked like arrived from heaven. Her lips lifted in a smile.

Ivan tapped her shoulder and she turned around.

Ivan: Thanks for coming. I wanted to say that for so long.

She smiled in return and asked

Camilla: You made these?

He nodded.

Camilla: It's perfection. It is the defining beauty.
She said looking at a painting.

Ivan: It is
He replied looking at her face.
She blushed at this remark.

Ivan: Would you like to see some more?

She nodded in excitement.

"Cute" he murmured.

He held her hand and walked her to the swimming pool. She could see many other paintings there. They looked magnificent.

Ivan: Camilla
He called.
She turned around to look at her portrait in his hands. The portrait looked realistically beautiful. The details and curves are so precise. The colours are so well-matched. Her lips parted in shock and she said nothing just sat there looking dumbfounded.

No initial reaction from her made Ivan nervous,
Does she think of him as a creep?
Is the portrait not beautiful?
She probably hates it.
I made a big mistake.

Before Ivan could ask, Camilla stood up and threw her arms around him. He stumbled falling on the couch with Camilla above him. He carefully placed the portrait on the table beside them and hesitantly wrapped his arms around her.

Camilla: I love it, love it, so so much.Thank you.

She squeezed him harder making him cough. Camilla left his body to look at his face with a worried expression.

Camilla: Sorry, I didn't mean to. It's just that when I am happy I give too much tight hugs forgetting about the other person. Sorry once again.

She apologized rubbing his back.

Ivan: It's okay. I would love to get these hugs every morning in my bed.

Camilla smiled realising what he was hinting at. She slapped his arm.

Camilla: God, you are such a flirt.

They both giggled.

A sudden music interrupted their conversation, the tune was so hypnotising that Camilla immediately walked towards the source. Ivan followed.

A man back facing them was sitting next to a swimming pool playing piano, his eyes closed. His lips parted. He was handsome as hell.

Ivan and Camilla looked at the man in admiration.

Little did they know what the future holds for the three.

...............

"I hate you"

Everyone looked at Ivan with a shocked expression and he just smiled with a hint of smirk and continued.

"I hate you because you make my heart race or I must say I hate you because you stole it."

Lies

Camilla nervously smiled and the whole crowd started cheering. Ivan smiled at Camilla and held her hand and gave her a stern look before leading her upstairs. She followed him.

He unlocked the door and relocked it after entering. Camilla looked at the lawyer sitting there waiting for their arrival.

They both sat in front of the lawyer's seat to discuss their contact.

Mr Smith: Okay, let's begin. Let me tell you once again the main point of the contract.

1. After this marriage ends Mr Lockwood will get his grandfather's whole property.

2. Miss Brown will get the deal of the whole clothing sector.

3. No alimony will be asked after divorce.

4. None of the parties will mention anything personal about the second party after the divorce.

This is it. Any objections or changes?

"No", they both replied in unison.

Mr Smith nodded and continued

Mr Smith: One more thing if a child will be born through this marriage, he/she shall live with the father.

He looked at both of them. Ivan and Camilla both stiffened at the thought of their child. They had always dreamed to have a child of their own, but now thinking of it made them reminisce about their past filled with betrayal, sadness and anger.

Mr Smith: Any objections???

Ivan: No!

Mr Smith: Ok, then I will take my leave.

He said gathering his belongings.
Ivan and Camilla both stood up.

Camilla: I will escort you outside.

Mr Smith: That's so kind of you.

Camilla and Mr Smith went outside the room leaving Ivan alone. Looking at paintings in the room, he was reminded of their first conversation and his birthday party.

He decided to visit the swimming pool and was reminded of the day, the paintings, the piano, the melody and that man.
If only he hadn't introduced him to her.
If only they had never met.
If only life would have gone as planned.

He sighed thinking about the past.

Camilla was walking with Mr Smith through the parking area.

Mr Smith:The case hearing will be after three weeks. I will prepare the papers.

Camilla nodded. Mr Smith turned around and looked at Camilla, holding his gaze on her face for a moment like studying her emotions and asked

Mr Smith: Will you tell Ivan about him?
He asked with a questioning look.

Before Camilla could proceed a voice spoke

Jason: About whom?