Unspoken words

Dear Ivan,
I am writing this letter to you before one week of our second semester exams. I know you must be waiting for me to arrive but I want you to stop waiting for me because I won't be arriving.

I feel like having a change in my heart, I feel like this relationship will not work out. For all this time I wasn't sure about breaking up but now when its the time for me living with you, I am not very sure about it.

Yesterday's amusement park memories,I feel like are good enough to be farewell memories. I don't have strength to say this in front of you. Hence,I am writing you a letter. I hope you understand my point and move on.

You deserve someone better.....

Thank you for all those sweet memories
-Camilla.

My eyes widened after reading the letter shock taking over me. How could this be? Did she really broke up with me before going out with Ashton? How couldn't I notice? My mind kept rewinding memories of high school.

I am now sitting at Jason's house. After that incident Jason has advised me to study with him so that I don't get distracted and score less. After that amusement park trip with Camilla, I hadn't even touched my books......

Then it clicked in my mind,I studied with Jason by his books, he won't let me go home and that was why I couldn't ever notice this.

CRAP!!! What have I done? How on the earth did this happen? My mind went blank. I couldn't process anything. One misunderstanding and everything was ruined. Jason's relationship with Camilla, her emotional support, happy life without accusations in high school. Everything became a mess just because of this one misunderstanding.

All those years when I despised Camilla for being a cheater. She suffered from accusation of false allegations.

I knew about her past, I should've supported her. I knew about how much she has suffered in silence, how much she suffered in cold winter, spring never came in her life. How she lost her childhood and teenage years locked in a cage of abuse.

I couldn't think straight, my eyes suddenly watering. How was I not able to think that someone who was abused for their whole life, will never abuse someone's emotion. How did I believe that Camilla cheated on me?

My trail of thoughts got interrupted by waddling of feet. I turned around to find Ash..

Camilla

I was touring my newly constructed office, when I reached a window, it gave me a bright and clear view of the bridge and memories of that day started flashing in my mind.

After the best date of my life, I finally entered home, exhausted. I just wanted to sleep. When I entered I saw mom sitting on the dining table having dinner, alone. I couldn't find Ashton who was her all-time companion in dinner. For a while my eyes wandered over the hall taking a glance of every corner trying to search for Ashton but when I didn't, I finally asked mom.

"Where is Ashton, mom?"

She looked at me, bewildered.

"Weren't you with Ashton all this time?"

"No, I was with Ivan."

She pace palmed. Her face showed worry and fear.

"Didn't you guys plan to go out today."

She reminded me panicked. And then it clicked me, Yes we did.

"God, is he still waiting for you since five hours"

She said making me tense up. I hurriedly took out my phone and checked for the location we decided for meeting. It was the bridge near our school.

I hurriedly grabbed mom's car keys from the table and ran towards the car and started driving. Was he really waiting for me? Gosh! This is terrible. I messed up.

I arrived at the bridge. The sun had almost set and darkness was making it's way in the sky.

Walking faster towards the spot we decided to meet I spotted a man standing on the railing of the bridge. I hurried towards that spot and I reached there only to recognise that man as Ashton. I heard him saying something while looking at the sky.
..............

"This is what life is, mom. We want something, we spend days thinking about it, we do efforts for it, but in the end its all the waste. It is just a mere illusion of human mind to convince the heart that we will get it. Those delusional scenes which we imagine in our head push the heart to the edge of oblivion.

The little bit of hope that resides in my box of emotions, has grown fast while the time I spent with her. A part of me had started to wish that we will end up together. But how foolish of me to think this when I know that brightness never end up with darkness, warmth never meets with cold.

Today these hours of waiting for her arrival made the hope turn into realisation that what her real priorities were. I will die at any cost. I have to die whether this foolish dream of mine to have a family, having someone to care for a weak soul like me, to support my wobbling legs will completed or not.

So, today I drown this weak and hopeless heart, this thoughtless mind with this weak body and I shall come to you."

I panicked looking at his feet moving forward, I put my phone against my ear and start screaming.

"What do you mean that you ruined my project?"

This gained Ashton's attention. I started taking slow steps towards him not directly looking at spot. I sighed in relief when I saw him climbing down the bridge.

I approached him closely and now removed my phone and pretended to hang up. Then I looked up directly towards him.

I went ahead and hugged him tightly while muttering sorry repeatedly.

"Sorry, Ash. I wasn't able to come. I was so into my studies that I forgot that we decided to meet up."

I said looking up to his face which held no emotion.

"Sorry, Ash. Please forgive me."

I said sticking my lower lip out. Trying to make myself look cuter and appealing to forgive.

"Won't you, won't you."

I said pinching his cheeks. Finally he held my hands and said.

"Okay, I forgive you. Now stop hurting me."

A small smile forming on his lips. I hugged him once again, saying.

"I am tired, Let's go home. We will hang out later."

He nodded and we walked towards his car. I held his hand.

"Ashton, this is how toppers study. Indulging their soul and mind all towards the studies. Although, you must not be able relate to it."

Ashton gave me a warning glare. I kissed his cheek.

"Sorry"

I said once again and walked with relief that I came on time.

Tears pouring out of my eyes while my phone on the table buzzing with Erika's non-stop calls.

I switched off my phone. And worries for the next trial bombarded in my mind. There's no way I was going to win that. Hell, I don't even have a lawyer yet. I will lose this trial. I will lose him. I will lose my Ash once again.

I kept my head on the table. Giving up. Tired. When a sudden cheerful voice rang through my office.

"May I come in? Mrs. All rounder."