Silly Love Of Mine

Finally, the annual festival came. The beautiful decorations, the enchanting melodies, the magnificent dances and only the all-rounder supervisor couple. Everything was perfect.

Finally, the night came to an end, and the most anticipated moment came. The result of the competition between the toppers or the lovers we should say.

Every eye was only dedicated to the leader aka The judge. Sweat beads were forming on his forehead. The tension in the room started increasing.

Leader: Everyone, I can't decide between these two perfectionists standing before us. To put this competition to an end, we would have another competition right here on this stage and the topic would be "Importance of winning"

Everyone cheered, and both opponents came on the stage.

Ivan was the ultimate debate king of the school. He was the best speaker of all.
She came on stage. His heart started beating rapidly.
Camilla: So let's get started. Shall we?
Ivan: I...i....Ye.Yes.
He stammered. She smiled.

Those red cheeks of his, that shy smile on her face, the astonished expression on the face of the leader and the cheers of the students (whispers of jealousy included) were now the prologue of a new story titled Love.

Camilla saw the embarrassment in his eyes, the eyes on him made it all worse. She took hold of the mic and announced.

Camilla: Seems like atheAthell-rounder-tired due to all the day-long activities, this time I will let go but the next crown will belong to me.

She left the mic and exited the room.
............
Dear Diary,
                    Today was the most embarrassing day of my life, I was very excited about the results but that library boy spoilt it.

But still, I can't, I really can't forget that blush on his cheeks. Why couldn't he hold it within?

"Oh! That silly love of mine."
........................................................................

Finally, the day of the wedding arrived, that beautiful decoration, that magnificent hall, and that luxurious arrangement, all depicted the classiness of the one and only billionaire couple.

She walked down the aisle. His heart again beating rapidly.

Camilla and Ivan were standing opposite to each other with a fake smiles on their faces. All the people around were cheering.

Camilla: Let's get started, shall we?
Ivan: Yes, of course.
He smirked. She raised an eyebrow.

That sly smirk on his lips, that annoyed look on her face. Those false vows, this contracted wedding was all prologue for a different story titled Love.

Priest: You may kiss the bride.

The sentence ignited an expression on both faces, which was too rare to see 'Nervousness'.

He leaned near her face and kissed her. Holding her waist he bent his body further and further upon her. Making her body fully dependent on his arms. After his lips left hers, they both stood straight again. Everyone cheered at that romantic approach of the groom. They both bowed in front of the crowd.

A feeling of nostalgia crossed her mind, he reciprocated the same scene of their first kiss.

Why did he do this? Why is he making me forget that this is just a contracted wedding? Why is he making my heart flutter? Why is he making me wish to forget those bad moments of us? Why does he makes me forget that we are never meant to be together? Why?

They were now standing to greet the guests.

Ivan: What were you thinking during the kiss? That day when you fooled me? All moments that were a lie to you? That betrayal you gave me? or that fake love of yours?

He whispered to her.

It was not fake. It was silly. Silly mistake of mine. Silly love of mine.
She thought to herself.

She looked at him with an unreadable expression and then looked back at the guests.

Camilla: No, just thinking about your desperation for me.

Ivan: Yeah, at least, maybe. But I have it for only one, unlike you.

He looked at her with a glint of sadness. Those softened eyes kind of reminded her of that soft boy who has now lost his smile because of her.

Guilt was just a mere word to describe her overwhelming emotions but Self-respect was the sole reason for her impassive face.

She just stared at him instead of replying until he shifted his gaze to the people approaching them. She followed his gaze to see his parents approaching.

Mr Lockwood: This contract is important, so hope you two do not make silly mistakes.

He said and left. Mrs Lockwood looked at Camilla and said

Mrs Lockwood: Hope you reconsider the thought of taking this marriage as only a contract marriage.

At last, she smiled at her and held Ivan's hand to guide him to some guests.

She was now alone like always. She looked at the whole hall, the preparations. They were all just bringing nostalgia to her. Those memories, that she cherished the most, those memories, she wished would be erased forever. She glanced at the ring, a teardrop escaped her eyes.

A tap on her shoulder made her turn around. She looked at the female and smiled.

Camilla: Mom. You are here.
The lady nodded. Tears started flowing from both the female's eyes.

Camilla's mom: How could I not come, You are my daughter.

Camilla nodded with tears in her eyes.

Camilla's mom: I am happy for you. He is too. I wish you would move on from your past and embrace your present.

Camilla: No, mom. The present is just so painful, the reality hurts too much. I just wish to sleep, dreaming of the past.
Let's just forget about that, once I win that case we will be happy in our old life, me, you and him.
She said wiping her tears.

Ivan who was returning after greeting the guests noticed the female. He approached them when he heard.

Camilla: Please give me his constant updates, Mom.

Ivan was confused.
Who is the 'he' she is referring to?
How is the female her mom? She died when she was ten.