Secrets

Jake...

He saw me with Ivan and turned around and left. His eyes portrayed the highest level of anger ever seen, I blinked my eyes and clenched my fists. My nails dug into my palms. My head spun around familiarly, fear of the future taking over me.

I turned my head to look at Ivan who was busy taking our orders. I nudged his shoulder and he looked at me,

Camilla: I am sorry, I just got a text from my father to arrive home. I think it's important, so can I leave?

I watched as Ivan's cheerful expression turned into a disappointed one. He pressed his lips in a thin line and replied,

Ivan:If it is important then you should go.

Camilla: We will continue this, I am sorry.

Ivan: It's ok.

I turned around and ran outside.

Ivan   

I watched her leaving the place in such a hurry that wasn't needed, maybe she didn't want to have ice cream with me?
Maybe I became too over-friendly?
Maybe she got irritated?
Maybe she will never come later

"Or maybe her household work was important."

I looked around to find Jason standing as he snatched the extra ice cream from my hand and licked it.

Jason: Or maybe...

Ivan: What maybe.

Jason: She had to pee.

I chuckled.

Ivan: Or, maybe only I have dumb friends or I am very smart comparatively.

Jason: Whatever, whatever.

Ivan: So how was the trip?

Jason: Just got introduced to my fiance

Ivan: What??

Jason: Yeah, arranged marriage arrangement.

He replied shrugging.

Ivan: You don't care!

Jason: Well, it's not that it will last long.

Ivan: What is her name, by the way?

Jason: Erika...

........................................................................

Erika...

Camilla opened her car door and stood up in front of her lawyer Erika.

Erika: Good morning mam. Hope I didn't disturb you or your schedule.

Camilla: No, it's fine. Let's head in.

Erika nodded as they entered the house. Both of them sat on the couch.

Camilla: How is Mr Smith's health?

Erika: Dad is okay. He will get back to work in a few days.

Camilla nodded and asked

Camilla: So, why are you here? Any special reasons?

Erika: Just wanted your signature on the papers.

Camilla: Okay, I will do it.

She signed the papers that were going to decide her future. That was going to decide the safety of her loved ones.

She handed the papers to Erika.

Camilla: Would you like to have some tea or coffee maybe?

Erika: Coffee lover I am.

Camilla smiled and entered the kitchen to make coffee.

Erika's eyes wandered around the house in curiosity when they landed on a photograph.

The photograph of her fiance, Jason...
Curiosity filled in her mind and a confused expression was on her face. She tried many times to interpret the picture as someone else's but she was sure it was him.

Camilla arrived with two cups of coffee and noticed Erika's confused face. As she followed her gaze, she noticed a picture of Jason on the wall.

Camilla: Do you like him?

Erika turned her head the other way and asked

Erika: Huh?

Camilla: The guy in the photograph, do you like him?

She asked sipping her coffee.
Erika held the  coffee mug in her hand and replied

Erika: He is my fiance.

Camilla looked at Erika in pure shock and bewilderment

Camilla: He is???

Erika: Yes, he is.

Camilla: Oh well, congratulations.

She said looking at her coffee mug. She was shocked but the sadness of not knowing his so important event overcame that feeling.

Erika: So..how do you know him? What is your relationship? Is he your...

She asked looking expectantly for an answer. Camilla immediately shook her head and replied

Camilla: No, he is just the best friend of my husband.

Erika: Oh!

She said, relief clear on her face.

The sound of the doorbell startled both of them and shifted their attention towards the door.

Camilla: I'll go check.

Erika smiled and nodded.

Camilla opened the door, only to be shocked by the presence.

Camilla: Ash.

She whispered, her eyes filled with tears.
The little boy smiled and wrapped his arms around her leg

Ash: Mumma.