The court day

"You have quite a habit of sleeping in other's bed, don't you"

She narrowed her eyes at me wiping her face with her arms and got up from the bed and leaving the room without saying anything. I was shocked to say the least. Why didn't she responded? Is she ignoring me? Is she showing ego to me that me and my actions mean nothing to her?

I held her hand and turned her around.

"Don't ignore me in my own house, Camilla Brown"

"Don't worry I will be leaving soon."

And she yanked my hand and left the room.

Huh? Leaving the house?

I face palmed, did Lily really gave her information?

I texted Jason explaining the whole matter knowing he would definitely find a solution. I was feeling anxious each second. What could be the reason? What is the reason?

Erika

I sat in front of dad's bed looking at his unconscious state.Camilla told me about the incident and honestly I was not even surprised, basically I had expected it and was mentally prepared for it.

But this state of dad has surprised me so much that now I have to be mentally prepared of many other things than I had imagined.Camilla has already transferred us money saying that she will manage tomorrow's trial, but I won't leave her alone. In this war of good and evil, I won't let the evil win. I won't let an innocent soul lose faith in judiciary.

The door opened and I looked at Lily entering with Ash sleeping in her arms. I got up from my seat walking up to her taking Ash in my arms.

"I will head to home to check the papers one last time, you take care of dad."

"Ok, take care of Ash."

I nodded and opened the door only to come face to face with Jason.

Our eyes met and for a moment we kept looking at each-other, not uttering a single word. I avoided his stare and tried to walk past him when I heard his voice.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I surely am."

I tried walking once again when he interrupted

"Can we talk,somewhere private?"

I turned around to look at him.

...........

We were sitting in the VIP waiting room. I made Ash sleep on chair  adjacent to me and waited for Jason to speak.

"I heard that dad's health was not okay so I came to visit"

"Hmm."

I hummed noticing that he's still calling him dad.

"So..are you not going to give me my ring back which you are wearing around your neck"

I looked at him and touched the ring.

"Erika, stop being stubborn and leave Camilla. Why won't you listen?She's a cheater."

I looked at him with rage filled eyes. This is my work, why does he keep interfering? Who gave him right to order me around?

I stood up holding Ash in my arms and declared.

"Thank you for you concern Mr. Jason. Let's not see each-other again."

I removed the ring which I cherished for all those years and with a heavy heart and firm expression on my face and kept it in front of his table.