The event

Camilla.

I shifted in my sleep feeling a weight over me, my throat was dry. Thinking that I had a heavy blanket on my body, I tried to remove it but  noticed  that it felt like something hard. I slowly opened my eyes noticing that it was still dark in the room with a bit of light seeping through the window.

I glanced at the weight I felt, realising that it was Ivan on top of me, I groaned trying to make him get off me. His weight was crushing my body and I felt limp, trying to push him with more effort and he grunted.

"I wanna stay like this."

"If you will stay like this I won't be able to stay alive. Is this your way of taking revenge?"

He chuckled and I could feel him smile in the crook of my neck.

"That's a very comfortable revenge I would say."

"Get off."

I grunted. And he rolled on the bed positioning me on top of him.

"Much better?"

"Yeah."

"You like being on top? We will do it next time."

"Hmm"

I agreed and then realised what he just said.

"Ivan"

I scolded hitting him on his chest as a laugh rumbled through his chest.

"I love this morning, Camilla"

He said sincerely and I was almost melting and going to smile, but a frown covered my face when I felt him lifting my dress higher. I slapped his hand.

"Ash is sleeping right here."

Ivan turned around and almost pierced through sleeping Ash with his eyes.But then turned at me with a sparkle in his eyes.

"But the bathroom is empty."

I gasped, wanting to scold him but his phone rang with a notification. Averting my gaze to the notification I noticed

"A bratty arrogant jerk was born today."

Hurriedly Ivan lifted me off him dialing a number on his phone. Putting the phone to his ears he started walking out of the room, curling his fingers at me signalling me to follow him.

He walked to the hall and screamed

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY FUCKER."

He screamed so hard that I almost squealed. By the joy and excitement in his eyes and the curse he used in his sentences. I immediately figured out that the person he was talking to was none other than Jason.

I noticed his smile. His cheerful eyes after so many years. I saw this part of Ivan. The cheerful, social butterfly. Everyone's favourite. Nostalgia took over my heart and mind.
My smile couldn't get more wider as I noticed his nose scrunch
..........

It was almost ten p.m as I rushed to welcome guests. It took the whole day to end Ivan and Jason's talk , it felt like they were seperated, for centuries. They kept talking, kept talking, kept taking and left me to do all the arrangements.

Its not like I am complaining, it is quite easy for a person to make breakfast, go to office, do all the chores, go to shopping and organise a whole damn party. Right? 

My eyes twinkled looking at the person entering the house, Erika.

She smiled at me as I noticed her hands, she was holding a quite big birthday card. She noticed me and walked straight up to me and I noticed that her ring finger was still empty.

Confused, I looked behind me to find that Jason's ring finger was also empty. Have they not reconciled yet?

"Looking fabulous, Mrs. Lockwood."

"Says the one who is stealing the spot light at the party. It is considered rude to make fun of someone like this"

Erika giggled.

Erika

I glanced around at the party, finding Jason standing near Ivan. I nervously  approached him.

I have waited for this day, for god knows how many months. But how the situations have changed. Getting together once again after knowing Camilla was not guilty was easy but him not believing me and in my profession broke my heart and although I knew the reason why he did it, but don't have the courage to justify it.

And that too on top he didn't approach me either.

I stood in front of him as he smiled at me.

"Happy birthday Jason."

I said handing him the handmade card which I prepared for him. Ivan left us alone as Jason took the card, flipping it open. His smile got wider but I noticed him blink his tears. I turned my face away from him not wanting to see him cry cause if I did I would cry too.

But just then I noticed my mother entering the house. Oh no! I never told my mom about my breakup with Jason.

Jason was like her own son. When she was bored, when she was alone, when she wanted a companion, when she wanted a heartwarming talk, when she wanted laughter, he was always there by her side.

After my parents divorced I lived with my dad and was unable to meet mom because of my dad's unstable health. But Jason always took care of her, my mom was the one who choose Jason as my husband. 

I panicked as my mom noticed us and
started approaching us. My eyes widened, my heart was beating rapidly, her face held smile which was going to disappear soon when she would know that I broke up with Jason.

A sudden touch on my waist startled me. I turned my head sideways to notice Jason crouching down to my face and then looked down to find both his hands encircling my waist.

I was much more startled, Jason had never liked affection in public even to his parents. No matter how much I asked him to take a picture with me, he refused, every single time. And now, he is back hugging me? I couldn't process my thoughts when he asked

"Did you not tell mom, that we broke up?"

"No, I have no still...."

"No need to tell her cause we haven't"

I squealed when Jason turned me around aggressively as his lips engulfed my lips into his in a passionate, aggressive kiss.