Kidnapped

I tossed and turned in my bed unable to sleep for some reason. Finally I gave up trying and got up to visit the roof of the house. I think I needed some fresh air.

As I stood on the roof, an unusual scene came into my sight, Ivan drinking. There were almost thirty bottles of wine beside him, all empty. He was looking at the sky, his cheeks were red.

The cool breeze that passed through me smelled of mint, almost opposed to the idea of carrying Ivan's drunk scent to me.

I approached him, where he was sitting. He flinched by my touch. I held his body to stop it from falling. He noticed me and smiled. His eyes glistening with tears. His hands shivering, his legs trembling.

I made him sit at the same place in which he was and he smiled drunkenly at me, offering me the bottle of wine he was holding. I declined shaking my head and turned my head to look at the stars.

"Do you also stargaze, Ivan?"

No reply came but I continued.

"I also do. When I was young my mom told me that dead people become stars. I wonder which one Ashton would be?"

"The most shining one"

I heard Ivan reply.

I turned around to look at him. His neck craved down and tears continuously flowing down from his eyes.

"Everyone would be the shining one. Only I......."

He trailed.

"You would be the biggest one giving most of the warmth. You would be the closest one, shining most brightly. Everyone would be a star but you, you Ivan. You would be the sun. Giving away warmth and light in the daytime and asking for nothing.

In order to spread warmth and warmth, you can be extra hot and burning sometimes. But the people who will know you better, may understand that, you will provide soothing calmness in cold night sky, by reflecting your warmth via the moon"

He chuckled.

"You still have your way with words. Even in my dreams."

He held my hands kissing them both.

"A kiss for my dreamy Camilla who is unaware of hatred the real Camilla sleeping down there possess for me."

He then picked up a toy car which was placed beside him.

"You know Camilla, this was my favourite car in my childhood. Every other car were the ones that I liked but this one, I loved it. My eight year old brother saved his pocket money for six moths to buy this for me.

It is too much valuable but I don't think I am worth it. Still......still a corner of my heart wants a chance to be worth it. I want to try hard and become worth it, but I am scared, scared that the doors won't open for me."

He held my waist and placed his head in the crook of my neck.

"I am scared the precious heart I wished for won't open for me. I am scared."

"Then, knock once again"

He lifted his head to look at me and I held his face in my hands.

"Knock on the door again, Ivan. Your calls should be heard through the thick walls of resistance built by the owner. Do it, because in the deep corner of the house resides a cold woman desperate for warmth of sun.Desperate for your warmth."

Tears were constantly flowing from his eyes. His hold on my waist tightened a smile occupied his lips

"I will try. I will try hard."

He said with childlike innocence on his face

And I couldn't control, I held his face and pressed my lips on his.
................

Ivan

I woke up from my dream on my bed?
I clearly remember I went to rooftop last night. How did I ended up here and then my memories flashed through my eyes.

I walked drunkenly on the stairs with Camilla supporting me, she must've found me, I was pretty sober at that time but when did she come on the roof is what I can't remember.

I got up from the bed yawning, she had removed my coat but I was still in my shirt and pants

I looked at myself in the mirror, my face was bloated but something didn't seem right, my lips were red. How much did I even drink that my lips are now coloured red?

Dismissing the issue I went to have a shower.

Entering the hall I found Ash already sitting on the table waiting for his breakfast. He smiled looking at me asking for a high five, I approached him holding my hand up for a high five but ended up deceiving him by ticking him.

His giggled spread across the hall, when Camilla entered with a smile on her face and noodles in her hand. She kept it on the table and smiled at me. I returned it awkwardly. It wasn't a genuine smile, it was an amused smile. Too much amused for my liking.

And then I noticed that my coat was upside down. Well, what is so amusing about that? I was having a hangover can't I make a mistake?
Sulking I sat in the chair eating the breakfast she made.
...............

I was in my office and it was lunchtime but I was still working because I neither had any food and nor I wished to eat something. I was almost bored, when Camilla messaged me.

"Can you please pick Ash from the school, I am busy right now. "

I stood up glancing at the text.Is she asking me for help?

I instantly messaged Erika, Lily and Camilla's mom wanting to know if they are all busy that Camilla asked me.

After messaging, I picked up my coat wanting to arrive at his school as soon as I can.

As I was in the Car I got message from all of them that they are currently free and my heart swelled with happiness that she chose to ask me.

After arriving at the school, I started to search for him but couldn't find him anywhere. As I approached the teacher to ask her about Ash. She turned around amd smiled at me, asking me who my child was?

"Asher Calloway."

I told her but she frowned.

"His grandfather already picked him up."

And my eyes widened in shock

" No way."