Lies and cries

The fire has started to spread...

My breathing became rapid.

"Get out of the mansion, she has started a fire"

I could hear them say, I guess they saw the light from the room.

"I am going to die, barely at the age of eighteen I am going to die. I couldn't even have a relationship, my first kiss, my own business, my car, I couldn't even have a beautiful life away from this abuse."

My eyelids started hooding my vision to the point I couldn't see anymore.
.....................

Beeping sounds were the only thing I could hear. Then a voice was heard. It was familiar.

"Is she okay, doctor?"

The voice enquired filled with worry. I immediately recognised it. It was none other than Ivan.

I wanted to open my eyes but didn't have the strength to do so. Some whispering sounds of doctor and nurse were heard and then it was complete silence.

A warm hand rested on my cheeks. I felt safe and fell into a deep slumber again.

I opened my eyes again to find myself in a room, a beautiful one. My eyes roamed all over the room until I heard a yell that said

"The lady had opened her eyes."

A rushing Ivan came into view and I found myself tearing at sight. I was safe, I was protected.

"Camilla.."
He called his steps slowly towards the bed. My eyes traced his movements.
He sat on the bed near me, eyeing me with worry and concern. He then very carefully placed his warm hands on my cheeks. His eyes filled with tears and mine with relief. I tried to sit as he helped me.

Ivan: Bring some food.

He said to a lady. She left.

I pushed my hand forward to embrace his stiffened body. His head turned around in shock but he didn't say anything. I just stayed still, my head buried in his chest. After some time he embraced me back.

"Thank you". These words were the only words I was able to say and these too came in whispers.

I noticed his hands tightening around my body and then he replied.

Ivan: Keep your thanks to yourself. We need to talk after you recover.

I shouldn't think like this, especially at this time but this line reminded me of some mafia king came from novels.

" I hope we are not only going to TALK."

I said to lighten up the tense mood a little bit.

After a little too much awkward pause Ivan grabbed my chin harshly and made me look at his face. I noticed his jaw clenching as he tilted his head.

I am imagining him in bed.....STOP.

Ivan: And what else do you want to do besides talking...hmm.

Spanking.....Fuc. Well, gurl, you are hurt you shouldn't think like this.

His nails were digging into my waist and I feel like a deer caught in headlights.

"Eating" I grinned cheekily, being abnormally proud of my lame joke as I heard the maid entering the room.

Ivan left my body and picked up a spoon to feed me the food. I opened my mouth and moaned at the delicious delicacy. Ivan raised an eyebrow but continued feeding me.

As I finished eating I felt my body regaining energy and my eyes closing.
No..no never think I am lazy it's just my body storing the energy. Y'all are dumb.

As I closed my eyes I heard Ivan chuckling.

Ivan: Are you gonna sleep in that position?

I pushed my legs forward and my head fell on the pillow. Amazing talent isn't it? 

Ivan came closer to me and tucked me into a blanket

"You are adorable".
He whispered 

"I am adorable", I said to myself as I drifted to sleep once again.

Finally, I am safe again. Just like I imagined.
........................................................................

Erika..."
A voice called. She turned around to find Jason standing just behind her in the ice cream parlour looking at Ash.

Jason stepped forward until he reached her and asked.

Jason: Who is this child?

He asked. Erika opened her mouth to say something but closed it after. Seeing her hesitation Jason asked again.

Jason: I asked who.is.this.child.
He gritted his teeth as Erika just stood there nervously fiddling with her hands.

Before Jason could ask again, he saw Camilla walking to the table from a distance. Erika also noticed

Erika: I will tell you about it. Right now let's go outside.

Erika turned towards Ash.

Erika: I will come back in a minute. You just stay right here. Don't move.

Erika started walking outside as Jason followed after.

Jason: Ok, now tell me who is that boy and what is his relation with Camilla is.

Erika: That...I can't tell you.

Jason: And can you tell me why?

Erika: Well, that's her matter and I will not disclose it.

Jason: Will you tell me or not?

Erika: No

Jason: I will ask you last time.

Erika:NO.

Jason: Fine, then.

Jason walked closer to Erika closing the gap between them and said

Jason: Camilla is one my one and only enemy and I hate her from the core of my heart, and as you are standing to her side explain that you don't love me, this was an arranged marriage anyways.

He held her hand and she felt something metallic in her palm. As she glanced down it was the engagement ring. She looked back at him in shock.

Jason: Give it back to me when you decide to tell me the truth. 

He walked passed her and a tear drop fell on the ring.

"It was an arranged marriage anyways.", she chuckled bitterly.

She walked towards the ice cream parlour.
..............

Jason looked at him, his red eyes in the washroom mirror and washed his face. No matter how he tried the tears won't stop.

After an l g fifteen minutes, he e exited the washroom and entered the parking lot, only to see Ivan waiting there.

Ivan looked at him and smiled and said

Ivan: So, completed your regular meeting with 'the lovely girl'.

But his smile fainted when he saw his best friend's face.

Ivan: What happened?

He asked with concern.

Jason: Camilla has a son.

Ivan: What??

Jason: Camilla. Has. A. Son